Solar Panel Supplier

Lord Lucan

Free Member

Recommendations for one stop shop for info and supply.

Use to include:
Small 12v cooler.
USB charge sockets.
Led lights.
Small water pump.

Recommendations for one stop shop for info and supply.

Use to include:
Small 12v cooler.
USB charge sockets.
Led lights.
Small water pump.
lots around :)
I am replying reference the small 12V cooler. Just a comment that just about all small 12V coolboxes are both electrically inefficient and pretty noisy (the one I bought a couple of years back was one of the more expensive 'peltier' models but it still went back after one weekend away!

You need a lot of solar to run a coolbox.
Alpha batteries stock a good range of panels.

Thanks for the responses..
I'm on bimble site checking out their bundles.
I've never had solar before, but just need a simple system

Thanks for the responses..
I'm on bimble site checking out their bundles.
I've never had solar before, but just need a simple system
I fitted my own. Trust me, it’s easy. All you need is a head for heights, and the courage to drill a hole in your roof.
I used Complus Energy 07954 059371.
Next day delivery, came with panel, mounting feet , controller, cables and sikaflex. Very pleased.

Don't forget about Alpha Batteries and the members discount. They do free delivery on a decent order as well.

Cheers

H
Now that does seem a good price. Change the pwm for a mppt and you’ll have a great piece of kit and pretty much all the power you’ll ever need.

It's fine using Bimble if you live on or near the south coast but they charge plenty for delivery. I used Alpha and was well pleased with their service and prices. I did, as you suggest, ditch the pwm for an mppt but managed to sell it on with the MT50 which wouldn't work with the replacement controller.

Cheers

H

I personally think when it comes to glass panels (rather then the flexible type ones) there are pretty well much of a muchness and going on price/Watt (delivered) is a reasonable way to go.
Alpha Batteries have good deals as mentioned. OnboardEnergy also often have good deals on panels. And there are some good deals on Amazon to be had as well (got some mid-brand name 100W Mono panels to match my roof-mounted ones recently for under £70 each)

Roughly what is the cheapist solar kit out there?
Do Alpha give discount for being a Wild camper member?
As an example, from Amazon you can get:
  1. A 100W monocrystalline panel for around £80.
  2. A basic PWM 10A Solar Controller for under a tenner.
  3. A pair of 5 Metre long 2.5mm Solar Cable with MC4 connectors for £20 (and use the excess to connect Controller to battery)
So under £110 would get you what you need for a basic solar setup and then add on whatever mounting kit is suitable for your van.

In the discounts page, you should see a code for Alpha :)

As an example, from Amazon you can get:
  1. A 100W monocrystalline panel for around £80.
  2. A basic PWM 10A Solar Controller for under a tenner.
  3. A pair of 5 Metre long 2.5mm Solar Cable with MC4 connectors for £20 (and use the excess to connect Controller to battery)
So under £110 would get you what you need for a basic solar setup and then add on whatever mounting kit is suitable for your van.

In the discounts page, you should see a code for Alpha :)
Great thank you so much. Food for thought.
What about the cost of batteries?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back