Solar system upgrade.

Grim The Viking - a 40A controller for a 150 watt panel seems way over spec'd (and expensive). Surely 20A would be enough? Or were you allowing for possible extra panels?

Grim The Viking - a 40A controller for a 150 watt panel seems way over spec'd (and expensive). Surely 20A would be enough? Or were you allowing for possible extra panels?
he is changing to 450W total.

Can I jump in here and ask - have 2 X 100 watt panels with a Votronic controller (supposed to be good) and separate LCD display that shows battery voltage, charging current, solar power. Connected it all up just to check that all worked. Battery showed 12.6 volts (standard lead acid battery), but got no reading for anything else! Someone said that was because the battery was charged enough not to need any more.
Do you mean the solar display is only showing battery volts and nothing on any other option? What model is the Votronic?

I have 3x150 450 in total, I had the same votronic as you before changing to current setup and it was showing the same, only light showing was MPP. and only charged to max 12.6v.

Ah good, I have both of you here. nabsim - yes the Votronic LCD display is only showing battery voltage. When I cycle through the other options it shows zero. Duo Digital 250 (as below). Grim - do you think when you had the same one as me and it charged to 12.6 that it was working correctly?

Ah good, I have both of you here. nabsim - yes the Votronic LCD display is only showing battery voltage. When I cycle through the other options it shows zero. Duo Digital 250 (as below). Grim - do you think when you had the same one as me and it charged to 12.6 that it was working correctly?

I had the Votronic Duo MPP 165 and definitely don't think it was working as it should.

Sorry I thought I had posted again on here but it mustnt have gone through.

I have the same controller as you exactly, mine charges at 14.4v for the main part and drops to high 13!s (can’t remember exact) for last 20%

The solar computer displays data on all options when it is harvesting, at night the voltage displayed is what the battery’s are then

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back