SOLD.....Calor Lite Bottles

alwaysared

I have two 6kg Calor Lite bottles for sale, one full and one empty. Asking £30.00 for both. Obviously collection only or Motorhomer Express
I'm going to Hereford if that helps anyone with delivery/collection.

IMG_5192.JPGIMG_5193.JPGIMG_5195.JPG

Regards,
Del

I dont't want to rain on your parade but they are withdrawing calor lite.

Calor has decided to stop producing its 6kg Lite gas bottle, after it failed to prove as durable as traditional bottles.22 May 2017

It`s not a problem that they are withdrawing Calor Lite they will just exchange them for the ordinary bottles.

I took a couple back in exchange several years ago and there were swopped over for a pair of normal bottles that conveniently were full of gas, FOC

I dont't want to rain on your parade but they are withdrawing calor lite.

Calor has decided to stop producing its 6kg Lite gas bottle, after it failed to prove as durable as traditional bottles.22 May 2017

They've been withdrawing them for the last two years and they are readily available for exchange on Ebay, this is the one I use https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-FULL...518524?hash=item3649b0347c:g:IzcAAOSwpp9ay4~k

Regards,
Del

There will be a time when there are no Lite bottles left in the system to exchange.
I guess it's just a matter of ringing ahead before you travel.
I only use my Lite as a back up to my refillable so I'm not expecting to need to change it anytime soon - I have a second in store as well so maybe when the time comes Calor will have introduced something else.
Whilst calor say the full 3.9kg bottle weighs about the same as a full lite tbey skirt round it being a broader bottle which may be an issue or not?

I didn't want to be the first to admit that!
Gas is much cheaper in 47kg bottles isn't it?

Now sold on Facebook. Thanks for all the comments.

Regards,
Del
Well done Del, it was a good price and tempting, I was considering buying them to carry as a back up to my underslung tank, nothing worse than having to drive off to filll up

They do come up occasionally on eBay and gumtree - or more likely get a standard 6kg butane or propane and exchange at calor.
I've occasionally got them for nothing at my local 'tip'

Here at the Western Motorhome show the Calor cage has a surprisingly high number of calor lites.

They're a great choice for semi permanent mounting where they don't get much abuse.
I wonder what the durability issue is?
Presumably external damage and corrosion.

Considering what you pay for the original contract; it's a bit upsetting to see them go; especially for disabled people who have to maneuver these heavier bottles around. I still have two lites; as have not used motorhome much in last year due to illness. Still, the change will come eventually. Can you still exchange them for two full ones?

You can - it will pay to check that your dealer has litres in stock.
I expect it will be a while before they disappear.
Calor have stopped new production and only removing bottles from circulation when they're not safe. They're not going to write off the whole inventory at a stroke as there's too much investment already.

I came across this post elsewhere explaining the position.
I had a little chuckle at calor not wanting to impose additional costs on users!

Last edited:
Hi. Rae. You say you used to refill yours. Does that mean that they can be used like gasit and filled at service stn via external gasit fill point cheers

I bought a calor light from calor depot in Preston three months ago and asked about them withdrawing them and was told that they did stop doing them due to some bottles being defective but are now selling them again. Cost was £39 plus £24 for the gas in it. I have since fitted chassis tank so also have two going spare

I bought a calor light from calor depot in Preston three months ago and asked about them withdrawing them and was told that they did stop doing them due to some bottles being defective but are now selling them again. Cost was £39 plus £24 for the gas in it. I have since fitted chassis tank so also have two going spare

The £39 was the deposit and if you`ve only had it 3 months and still have the paperwork you can get the majority of the deposit back.

I presume you mean Calor on Factory Lane Penwortham, ring them first to check.

You may need to go to Blackpool Calor at Squires Gate near the airport which is the main one for our area to return them.

It`s a bit of a bugger to find but let me know if you need directions.

Calor Preston, Factory Lane, Penwortham is a franchise.

Oldfella.
If you have the paperwork you can get a refund at any calor stockist - 'outlet' is how the agreement describes them.
Certainly worth doing if only a few months in.
Their website is a bit misleading as it says to get a refund you have to go to a Centre.

If you don't have paperwork then you have to go to a Calor Centre for your £7.50 per bottle.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back