Space X Is Due to Deliver Two US Astronauts to the ISS This Evening

The BBC are covering the launch of SpaceX live (currently expected at about 21:33) and you can follow the coverage here.
If you have clear skies this evening you will probably be able to see SpaceX as it passes over the UK from the south-west at about 21:45 - ish. It will traverse the sky in about 3 or 4 minutes.
ISS should also be visible above the UK at about 22:57 for about 4 minutes. It'll be travelling from the west and should have a maximum elevation of about 30° above the horizon. It's current path is:

Screenshot_20200527-194055~2.jpg

.....but the view will be better (it will be darker) on one of it's later orbits as mentioned above.

SpaceX is planned to dock with ISS at about 16:30 tomorrow afternoon after both SpaceX and ISS have completed a few more orbits around the Earth.
Technologically exciting times!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I was fortunate enough to see the launch.👍 on telly 🙄

We watched it fly past but it wasn't on the trajectory that I thought it would be and we couldn't see it on the first orbit because it was too bright but we had a good view on the second one, I was all set up with tripods, camera, telescope and binoculars but you could see it better with the naked eye

Watched the launch live yesterday and the docking live today - what an achievement. Word has it that the touchscreens in the space capsule are identical to the one in my car. If this is true it’s even more of an achievement because my screen shows pedestrians, cyclists, wheelie bins and traffic cones so how the hell Bob and Doug navigated to the ISS I have no idea!!

Word has it that the touchscreens in the space capsule are identical to the one in my car. If this is true it’s even more of an achievement because my screen shows pedestrians, cyclists, wheelie bins and traffic cones so how the hell Bob and Doug navigated to the ISS I have no idea!!
Bob and Doug are wondering how you get to Tesco or Asda o_O

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back