Spain ULEZ zones

Mobilvetta

It seems like Spain is introducing ULEZ zones for town's and city's were the population is more than 50,000.

My motorhome is Euro 6 compliant, does anyone know how a UK registered vehicle goes about registering for one of these stickers you have to display. At this rate I will have a windscreen full of stickers.

I already have the French and German ones. I'm heading over that way in January so don't want to risk a fine. Also we may visit Portugal again on this trip, have they brought in ULEZ zones, again if so how do you register for them.

It seems that it is an EU thing, god knows why the EU can't issue the necessary sticker to cover all countries in the EU.

It seems like Spain is introducing ULEZ zones for town's and city's were the population is more than 50,000.

My motorhome is Euro 6 compliant, does anyone know how a UK registered vehicle goes about registering for one of these stickers you have to display. At this rate I will have a windscreen full of stickers.

I already have the French and German ones. I'm heading over that way in January so don't want to risk a fine. Also we may visit Portugal again on this trip, have they brought in ULEZ zones, again if so how do you register for them.

It seems that it is an EU thing, god knows why the EU can't issue the necessary sticker to cover all countries in the EU.
The ULEZ criteria are a matter for each Member State Government; EU has no mandate to interfere

Steve

This is the website I use:

- Top left, the click "three bars"

- Click "Low Emmision Zones"

- Select your country.

It's daft, but there is no standardisation.

This is the website I use:

- Top left, the click "three bars"

- Click "Low Emmision Zones"

- Select your country.

It's daft, but there is no standardisation.
It's not daft at all. There is a clear division between policies that affect the whole EU and which are eventually passed through the European Parliament; and those that affect the domestic government [function] of each Member. The ULEZ policy is a competence for each Member State to decide. The EU has no mandate to interfere in the Government of France, Spain or the UK [pre Brexit]

Steve

It most certainly is daft, because no-one wants a windscreen full of different stickers for each individual country, becoming ever more numerous as additional nations adopt.

All they need is one standard sticker based on a vehicles emission. Each country can then chose how that standard sticker applies to them.

We'll be getting stopped and fined for not being able to see clearly out of the windscreen at this rate :D

Edited to add that I just tried the website you linked to for Madrid and it came up with no sticker required for foreign vehicles.

I'm on the N332 Facebook page that is run by some Spanish police officers to help us foreigners with legal advice, they have just released an article about the ULEZ zones in Spain, I have screen shot a relative paragraph that relates to us.

Screenshot_2022-12-20-21-45-18-945_com.facebook.katana.jpg

From mobilvetta screen shot. The link to n332 page... it ain't good reading and as said the screen is going to have that many stickers in it you aint going to see out... along with new laws I the uk about what can be infront of a driver either on screen or hanging in drivers area..
Mot guy local to us is failing vehicles for having a air freshener on the interior mirror.
And

Last edited:
From mobilvetta screen shot. The link to n332 page... it ain't good reading and as said the screen is going to have that many stickers in it you aint going to see out... along with new laws I the uk about what can be infront of a driver either on screen or hanging in drivers area..
Mot guy local to us is failing vehicles for having a air freshener on the interior mirror.
And
A law that says foreign registered vehicles cannot obtain the Spanish equivalent of a Crit Air sticker cannot be bad news/reading if it reduces the number of stickers on the windscreen

Steve

Reactions: GMJ
The article fron N332 facebook page and its already been mentioned that any foreign vehicle displaying Crit-Air 2 or the German Green Zone 4
already meets the spanish requirements. There is no need to apply for the Spanish one.
So mine is covered in my opinion

Mine too

A law that says foreign registered vehicles cannot obtain the Spanish equivalent of a Crit Air sticker cannot be bad news/reading if it reduces the number of stickers on the windscreen

Steve
So I guess you are referring to me as I said bad reading . Why add words ( bad news) to my post to suite your needs . :unsure: I said good reading which is a little different ...
If I had gone to the wrong mot tester he would have failed mine as there are 3 stickers in the right hand bottom corner of the screen...
I use one with a bit of common sense..
Guess I better put the words from the mot testers bible so they dont get changed.
Regulation 30 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 (SI 1986 No. 1078 as amended)
In Zone B, a single damaged area shall be contained within a 40mm diameter circle. Windscreen stickers, or other obstructions, shall not encroach more than 40mm.

So I guess you are referring to me as I said bad reading . Why add words ( bad news) to my post to suite your needs . :unsure: I said good reading which is a little different ...
If I had gone to the wrong mot tester he would have failed mine as there are 3 stickers in the right hand bottom corner of the screen...
I use one with a bit of common sense..
Guess I better put the words from the mot testers bible so they dont get changed.
Regulation 30 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 (SI 1986 No. 1078 as amended)
In Zone B, a single damaged area shall be contained within a 40mm diameter circle. Windscreen stickers, or other obstructions, shall not encroach more than 40mm.
You implied that [sic] multiple stickers 'ain't good reading, and, since one reads to discover or learn, 'news' is an appropriate clarification. If it's not good news/reading to be classed as ineleigible for a Spanish Crit Air equivalent, why go on to moan about not being able to see out of the screen and then link it to UK MOT Regs? In fact, if you have, say a Crit Air sticker, Spain regards your M/Home as meeting Spanish emissions Regs. And, if you have a MOT Cert before leaving for Spain, you can be confident [subject to any tightening of UK Regs] that the waiver of a Spanish sticker requirement keeps you free of problems for the next MOT, so your comments in this connection are rendered redundant.

Based on the earlier exchanges about State Pension/Pension Credits et seq, I guess you will challenge this response. That's up to you. I'll place you on my ignore list

Steve

You implied that [sic] multiple stickers 'ain't good reading, and, since one reads to discover or learn, 'news' is an appropriate clarification. If it's not good news/reading to be classed as ineleigible for a Spanish Crit Air equivalent, why go on to moan about not being able to see out of the screen and then link it to UK MOT Regs? In fact, if you have, say a Crit Air sticker, Spain regards your M/Home as meeting Spanish emissions Regs. And, if you have a MOT Cert before leaving for Spain, you can be confident [subject to any tightening of UK Regs] that the waiver of a Spanish sticker requirement keeps you free of problems for the next MOT, so your comments in this connection are rendered redundant.

Based on the earlier exchanges about State Pension/Pension Credits et seq, I guess you will challenge this response. That's up to you. I'll place you on my ignore list

Steve
I ain't moaning you are.

Looks like all foreign vehicles are now going to have to register to enter any zones around Barcelona if your vehicle qualifies, the register lasts for two years. I wonder how many other cities will follow Barcelona example.

Screenshot_2023-01-01-13-00-29-218_com.facebook.katana.jpgScreenshot_2023-01-01-13-00-39-683_com.facebook.katana.jpg

• Thank You
Looks like all foreign vehicles are now going to have to register to enter any zones around Barcelona if your vehicle qualifies, the register lasts for two years. I wonder how many other cities will follow Barcelona example.

View attachment 65370View attachment 65371
But your post #8 on 20th December contained the N332 Facebook Page Police Advice that said foreign registered vehicles are prohibited from obtaining ULEZ Stickers in Spain? I'm missing something, unless Barcelona has led the charge to Catalan Independence! Talk me through it slowly ... please!

'I'm not from Barcelona; I don't know nothing', as Manuel didn't quite say :D

Steve

But your post #8 on 20th December contained the N332 Facebook Page Police Advice that said foreign registered vehicles are prohibited from obtaining ULEZ Stickers in Spain? I'm missing something, unless Barcelona has led the charge to Catalan Independence! Talk me through it slowly ... please!

'I'm not from Barcelona; I don't know nothing', as Manuel didn't quite say :D

Steve
This latest news was the latest update on the N332 Facebook page, so it looks like Barcelona is leading the charge, let's hope the sheep don't follow this example. This is now a designated ZBE area, not a ULEZ zone, the mind boggles.🤔😭

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back