Spinflo Integrill glass cover

Lizzo

I managed to smash the glass hob cover while travelling around Scotland. Have tried to find a replacement but as van is rather ancient ('02) am told replacements are no longer available, Decided to try to get hinges out and get a piece of toughened glass cut to size but .... also proving difficult. Has anyone had a similar problem, got any ideas either on replacement hob cover, getting hinges out, or indeed any other ideas???? And finally, if it means I need to replace the entire grill, has anyone found a good used parts supplier?

IMG_5281.JPGIMG_5280.JPG

I managed to smash the glass hob cover while travelling around Scotland. Have tried to find a replacement but as van is rather ancient ('02) am told replacements are no longer available, Decided to try to get hinges out and get a piece of toughened glass cut to size but .... also proving difficult. Has anyone had a similar problem, got any ideas either on replacement hob cover, getting hinges out, or indeed any other ideas???? And finally, if it means I need to replace the entire grill, has anyone found a good used parts supplier?

View attachment 60685View attachment 60686
Could you not substitute the glass for a piece of stainless steel?

Both great suggestions. I would need to get the hinges out though as they still have glass stuck in them, and then attach either the alloy or the steel to the hinges so that it forms the splashback. Ideas on how to get hinges out? They are angled pieces and it looks as though I need to take the whole grill unit out to get to the back to remove them?

View attachment 60685View attachment 60686
When our glass hob cover shattered a couple of years ago, I got a replacement from Donnachys in Letterkenny, Co Donegal. Although they are based in Ireland it was no problem getting parts delivered to us in Scotland and I’ve always found their prices very reasonable. They might be worth a call or email.217C025D-8A0F-41F8-A41D-427AA27C6D7F.png

217C025D-8A0F-41F8-A41D-427AA27C6D7F.png

When our glass hob cover shattered a couple of years ago, I got a replacement from Donnachys in Letterkenny, Co Donegal. Although they are based in Ireland it was no problem getting parts delivered to us in Scotland and I’ve always found their prices very reasonable. They might be worth a call or email.
View attachment 60687

View attachment 60687
Oh! That is really helpful. Thank you. Will try them. L

Give O’Leary motorhomes a try, they have all sorts

out of curiosity ,what was the problem with getting toughened glass made to order ?
The 'old' glass was stuck rather than drilled to the hinges. At present seem unable to remove hinges and get glass out. If I can do that, then replacement glass would seem the best option.

The 'old' glass was stuck rather than drilled to the hinges. At present seem unable to remove hinges and get glass out. If I can do that, then replacement glass would seem the best option.
Apparently (I say that as I've never actually done this) heat can soften/break down the glue and allow removal of the glass with some faff. Then again, perhaps the hinges are close enough to a standard item to allow use of that instead of the OEM bits?

I suspect most large towns and cities will have glass suppliers who can make up a piece of glass to your specifications. If you can't find a supplier, searching the 'net might help. FWIW, I found https://www.made2measure.co.uk/toughened-glass from a quick search.

Apparently (I say that as I've never actually done this) heat can soften/break down the glue and allow removal of the glass with some faff. Then again, perhaps the hinges are close enough to a standard item to allow use of that instead of the OEM bits?

I suspect most large towns and cities will have glass suppliers who can make up a piece of glass to your specifications. If you can't find a supplier, searching the 'net might help. FWIW, I found https://www.made2measure.co.uk/toughened-glass from a quick search.
Oh, that is interesting. I might try that although the glass bits are pretty sharp - even though it shattered like a windscreen - at least then I would not have to pull the oven out to get the hinges out, as that seems to be the only way to get at the brackets. Thanks Geoff

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back