SPUSU Mobile

Frogman

Looking for a SIM card with moderate data (20-30Gb per month) on EE network for year-round use, including up to 90 days continuous use roaming in EU, I came across a new-to-me provider, SPUSU. They have a Travel SIM with 25Gb at home or abroad.
It's no good. I contacted them, and it's strictly for phones. They sent this extract from their T&C's. You'll need a magnifier!
1000008403.png
So it's back to Popit or IQ Go? RWG is out of the frame judging by it's Trustpilot reviews:oops:

You may want to check out the latest EE offerings as they seem to be offering sim only plans that include EU roaming? Prices may be higher but are possibly unlimited data ?

I've used a 120GB preloaded SIM from EE for years, £50 from eBay, buy new when it expires. But last year it hit me with £2.50 a DAY for roaming, so that has to go! 90 x £2.50? I don't think so!

Just read on WC forum that Popit and IQ are both reducing roaming use from October 1st to about a quarter of what you pay for. Back to local Sims, I guess. Last winter MEO in Portugal cost €30 for 30 days unlimited use, and I can use my phone's 1p mobile for a month with a data boost.

Hi, I use Talk Home Mobile who use EE and you get 30gig roaming a month on most plans and you can have PAYG, monthly or contract, I only use it for my broadband both at home and Europe even though it gives unlimited minutes and texts.

Different thread/site Tiekom is a recommended option . 400Gb in Spain 200Gb rest of EU and UK . 43 euros when using . Can retain it for 3 euros pm .
Just bought it , will be using it in about 2 weeks

Different thread/site Tiekom is a recommended option . 400Gb in Spain 200Gb rest of EU and UK . 43 euros when using . Can retain it for 3 euros pm .
Just bought it , will be using it in about 2 weeks
Does this work only in Europe? Their website seems rather lacking in clarity.

Tiekom's 150GB a month for €30 is reasonable, but I can get the same from MEO or NOS in Portugal without the complication? I've read elsewhere that roaming outside Spain isn't available with Tiekom, but this seems unlikely in the EU. Maybe it meant the UK?

Thanks KevinW. This looked very interesting until I looked at the T&C's:
Screenshot_20240926-065553.png
I can't afford to be suddenly cut off while on a long European trip (if they allow such a thing)

This is an increasing issue, caused by the long shadow of Brexit. I would suggest looking at RWG Mobile, choosing a cheap tariff then adding a 20GB data bundle at £15 per month. They use EE

Tiekom's 150GB a month for €30 is reasonable, but I can get the same from MEO or NOS in Portugal without the complication? I've read elsewhere that roaming outside Spain isn't available with Tiekom, but this seems unlikely in the EU. Maybe it meant the UK?
Not sure which complication ?
As I understand it the Tiekom sim I've purchased gives me 400Gb in Spain and 200 in the rest of the EU and UK .
43euros
I should add I have the sim but not yet connected . Will report back when in use

Thanks! I probably meant uncertainty rather than complications. The Tiekom is attractive, but their website is a bit lacking in the nitty-gritty. I'll be very interested in your experience.

This is an increasing issue, caused by the long shadow of Brexit. I would suggest looking at RWG Mobile, choosing a cheap tariff then adding a 20GB data bundle at £15 per month. They use EE
It was my first choice for use at home and in the EU until I saw their Trustpilot feedback, which is as bad as any I have ever seen. It's a bit off-putting, but may be worth a try. I could always cancel!

I have been using RWG for years. Unbeatable value, though sometimes their support is a bit slow.
I don't trust Trustpilot
I have used RWG . There was a reason they didn't quite suit my use but I cannot remember what . Think I've tried them all !

It was my first choice for use at home and in the EU until I saw their Trustpilot feedback, which is as bad as any I have ever seen. It's a bit off-putting, but may be worth a try. I could always cancel!
I have been using RWG for some time for a security device (requires 2G signal) and for my smartphone, and am perfectly happy with their service, though it would be nice to have a proper web portal for account management and monitoring. I did also use them briefly for my router when in the EU, but the reduced roaming allowance put paid to that as it is totally inadequate for my usage.

Back