Stonehenge - A Must-See Programme

Stonehenge - A Must-See Programme

I've just stumbled upon the BBC2 Programme "Operation Stonehenge: What Lies Beneath" (although it was first broadcast in 2014). As is often the case with the BBC they have invested some of our licence income in a memorable piece of television so if you haven't seen it you might wish to look it over. It can be found on the iPlayer website here if the hyperlink has worked but if it hasn't I have hopefully provided sufficient information for you to find it
The programme is in two parts - the first episode is available for 24 days and the second for 25 days from now.

In the aerial shots the Drove Road is frequently in shot as are some overnighters.

Colin :):):)

It's a really interesting series I came across it a few weeks when channel flicking and a very interesting insight and the map of stone circles across the British Isles is a great eye opener and maybe on my travels try to visit more as earlier this year Sue Bill Ed and I stumbled across some stunning stones quite by accident. image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Lovely photos Annie. Where are these artefacts?

Colin (Smiley Face, Smiley Face, Smiley Face)

I watched that programme, a lot of new theories put forward all guess work and supposition I thought, all seemed to fit the production needs, I am not a lover of Stonehenge , vastly over rated and over priced to visit I think, played on the stones as a boy when that was allowed , did a Solstice rally with the "W" enjoyed that, but the Stones well to me that is just what they are , a pile of stones >:Elephant::Elephant:

Full Member;n1427 said:
Lovely photos Annie. Where are these artefacts?

Colin (Smiley Face, Smiley Face, Smiley Face)

I'll get back to you on that one Colin.

image.jpeg There you go Colin hope this helps.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    175.2 KB · Views: 1
Campervanannie;n2651 said:
There you go Colin hope this helps.

Thanks Annie. You really do get around!

Colin (Smiley face, Smiley face, Smiley face)

Fabulous overnight spot on the car park next to the stones

Full Member;n1116 said:
I've just stumbled upon the BBC2 Programme "Operation Stonehenge: What Lies Beneath" (although it was first broadcast in 2014). As is often the case with the BBC they have invested some of our licence income in a memorable piece of television so if you haven't seen it you might wish to look it over. It can be found on the iPlayer website here if the hyperlink has worked but if it hasn't I have hopefully provided sufficient information for you to find it
The programme is in two parts - the first episode is available for 24 days and the second for 25 days from now.

In the aerial shots the Drove Road is frequently in shot as are some overnighters.

Colin :):):)

I watched that yesterday,good program,told me things I didn't know Thanks for the heads-up

Ffion;n4997 said:
I watched that yesterday,good program,told me things I didn't know Thanks for the heads-up

You're very welcome, Ffion. I thought it fascinating. No doubt as technology develops we'll be in even greater awe of those rather clever architects and builders.

Colin ???

Yes earlier in the year I'll try find a photo but it's a great spot.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back