Storage insurance

Carrerasax

I am covered by RSA with caravanguard but find having to change storage location every time I visit family and am not sleeping in the MH very tedious. They also charge an admin fee to amend as well as any change in premium for location?
Anyone have cover that allows more than one location to be specified?
Or any other solutions.

I am covered by RSA with caravanguard but find having to change storage location every time I visit family and am not sleeping in the MH very tedious. They also charge an admin fee to amend as well as any change in premium for location?
Anyone have cover that allows more than one location to be specified?
Or any other solutions.
!

You might try sleeping in the MH overnight when visiting family - that should solve the problem!

Alternatively, check out other insurers' policy wording in the hope of finding something less restrictive. It appears to be the definition of "used" that causes the problem with Caravanguard. I would tell you to look at the Safeguard policy wording, but I'm not sure that it's available for download unless you have a policy. However, their website's FAQs do include the following:
"I now keep my motorhome at a different address to the one on my policy for the majority of the time, do I need to let you know?
  • You will need to tell us about this to make sure your motorhome is covered at the right address. Call us on 0800 954 5954"
I think that "the majority of the time" may be just the sort of thing that you need!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back