Stretching your legs!

Deleted member 870

Just as a matter of interest, after we are free from this "Lockdown" how many people are considering continental travel? And, where are you intending too go? Personally I can't wait Portugal here I go!

Just as a matter of interest, after we are free from this "Lockdown" how many people are considering continental travel? And, where are you intending too go? Personally I can't wait Portugal here I go!
no thanks, dont be come a ruskee, we dont see how long. it will hang about , try the fenns or even scosher,oh an amble is a nice haven. and new quay,
stick to what you no, ok.pk.

You seriously think you will be let in? maybe in 2022 if you have all your shots and certificate.
I get the feeling that a lot of people think this virus will just die off in a little while and be done with.

Yes! It's no different to our nationals out there! Do you seriously think they won't let them get back too the UK without being chipped ,certificated and vaccinated?

We love our trips to USA, but I think that these may not be possible for at least a couple of years.
Plenty to see and do in the beautiful United Kingdom. Can‘t wait to be back on the IOM for the tt, and resolve to visit Arran and the Western Isles. We had planned to be in Southern England for much of the summer, but maybe that trip will have to wait for next year.

I'd love to go back to Portugal to visit the places I had intended to see this year, before having to come home 3 months early. Orkney and the OH had been in the plan as well. Not much chance of them either. Somehow I think I'll just be amazed if I get to go anywhere.

As Spain have announced no tourists until at least the end of the year, when we will be out of the EU as well, and you have to go through Spain to get there, I think Portugal is out for now.

Yes! It's no different to our nationals out there! Do you seriously think they won't let them get back too the UK without being chipped ,certificated and vaccinated?
Nationals coming back to their own country is VERY different to tourists. And yes, I would not be surprised if any UK Nationals returning back to the UK will either have to show proof of vaccination AND a clear Covid-19 test OR be quarantined for 2 weeks (maybe have some kennels at the ports?)

Contimential trips seem unlikely in 2020. I fancy a meander through the middle of Wales, South to North, and then via The Lakes and Yorkshire Dales to Galloway, south west Scotland. Sticking to the quieter places.

I wonder how many vans will be out and about on once we are all released.

Here is an example I just read and I have no doubt will be replicated in most countries....
"Hundreds of Bolivians have been allowed to enter their country after being stranded in neighbouring Chile for two weeks. The two countries reached a deal to temporarily open the closed border to let 450 Bolivians return home. Bolivia says it has set up shelters where the returnees - who lost their jobs in Chile's informal economy - will be quarantined"

Had two 3 month trips to Italy planned in great detail, but I guess it will be 2012 or maybe even 2022 before we get to do them. I would love to continue our interrupted winter trip up western Scotland, but I think the way things are going it may not be until next winter. It would be nice to think campsites can open again in some way that allows social distancing, perhaps with some even reserved for the more vulnerable to limit mixing...wishful thinking?

:eek:
Had two 3 month trips to Italy planned in great detail, but I guess it will be 2012 or maybe even 2022 before we get to do them. I would love to continue our interrupted winter trip up western Scotland, but I think the way things are going it may not be until next winter. It would be nice to think campsites can open again in some way that allows social distancing, perhaps with some even reserved for the more vulnerable to limit mixing...wishful thinking?
Would be good to know your 3 month trip. I can spend time looking it up and any questions I will be able to help:eek:

Since France came close to closing it’s UK borders before UK lockdown there is a good chance that they will do so if the lockdown is lifted too quickly.
France is due to begin a phased easing of lockdown on 11 May, so then very much a question of how long it takes them and how things proceed here. When Macron last addressed the French, it was clear that there would be no major events, festivals, etc. before July at the earliest. Presumably hoping that they can be back to some form of normal in time for Bastille Day! Perhaps a bit ambitious, but worth keeping an eye on things; the French went into lockdown earlier, so reasonable to assume that they may exit it earlier.

We would love to be doing some kind of large coastal tour of Italy taking as long as it would do to do the entire wellie boot............ However with my heart and lung conditions as well as my past history of opps. I feel certain that international medical insurance will be frighteningly expensive!

So as this is almost certainly what will be the case, I am afraid to say that we will be stopping in dear old beautiful Blightie, exploring for yet more hidden gems that we know are still out there to be discovered.

We would love to be doing some kind of large coastal tour of Italy taking as long as it would do to do the entire wellie boot............ However with my heart and lung conditions as well as my past history of opps. I feel certain that international medical insurance will be frighteningly expensive!

So as this is almost certainly what will be the case, I am afraid to say that we will be stopping in dear old beautiful Blightie, exploring for yet more hidden gems that we know are still out there to be discovered.

I’ve used Allclear for a few years now. At one time they were the only ones that could cover me at all. Prices seem very reasonable.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back