SUFFERING ?

Thanks everyone. I'm still waiting to hear if its a go... meanwhile being starved and dessicated for the 4th time this week. They didn't have room for me on the right ward, so I'm tucked away in a corner 2 entire buildings away. What's the betting they won't be able to find me if/when the time comes? :ROFLMAO:
Bet this is the latest fad diet you women devise really :)

Bet this is the latest fad diet you women devise really :)
It's not working though Neil... I blame all the lazing around in a bed that does origami at the push of a button :cool:

Good luck for the op, Jenny!

I have 3 friends down with the 'bug', two have had it for 14 days and are still no better as of today.

One of my gardening customers (a retired nurse) had it over Christmas/New Year. She messaged me earlier today to say she still isn't right, so that's got to be getting on for a month?

It's proper nasty :(

Touch wood we seem to have escaped so far...

I was away over New Year and got back home on the 4th.
Almost everyone i was in contact with has subsequently been telling me they have had the bug - to varying degrees or another.
But me, being the unsocial bugger that I am & a real Billy no mates, I have stayed in spendid isolation and remained bug free - so far !!

Last edited:
I was away over New Year and got back home on the 4th.
Almost everyone i was in contact with has subsequently been telling me they have had the bug - to varying degrees or another.
But me, being the unsocial bugger that I am & a real Billy no mates, I have stayed in spendid isolation and remained bug free - so far !!
Pat you are betting being shellfish with this one it’s a real bu* * er of a bug .it has really hurt Fiona and myself c u soon stay well

I'm still coughing from New Year's meet - blame it on drinking out of wet glasses!

Finally had my knee x-rayed yesterday and will probably need replacement - but I need to be half the woman I am before they will consider it so it's no red wine or pastel de nata while down south ?

Not really selfish Gordon - since I moved here, I had only been at home 3 weeks between mid September - Jan 4th !!
i reckoned i needed to do summat to turn this flat into some kinda of a home !
And yes, i am sure there are some who reckon I should be in a home :giggle:

I hope you are & Fiona are finally on the mend.
I know that is has been a long slow process for some, with them being being hit for 3-4 weeks at least.
Take care & c u soon

I'm still coughing from New Year's meet - blame it on drinking out of wet glasses!

Finally had my knee x-rayed yesterday and will probably need replacement - but I need to be half the woman I am before they will consider it so it's no red wine or pastel de nata while down south ?
Aw that's a tough call but it's going to be so worth the hard work. My sister in Australia couldn't believe the difference it made to her life... and you know how much I love my super metal hip :cool:

Well I'm discharged and just waiting for transport home because I'm not allowed to use the train. Had the op Monday, yesterday I couldn't walk because my right leg kept giving way, this morning I was walking with a stick and now I'm on my own two feet. The nerve pain is blimmin' excruciating but the surgeon says it will ease... fingers crossed! :oops:

What you really need is plenty of sunlight but living up there maybe make do with Vitamin D3 supplements.. really improve resistance to viral coughs and colds many other things too include blue skin like most Scots have.

Thats funny you should say that when I see an Englishman in Scotland he’s usually got a blue eye?

Jennie hopefully your feeling better and evening all well doctors for me tomorrow to see what’s wrong with my foot and hip and to see if I’ve done more damage!

Hope you got home ok. Sounds a bit more complicated this time.
You're right Linda, this one turned out to be twice the op the last one was once they saw what was going on with my spine.

Jennie hopefully your feeling better and evening all well doctors for me tomorrow to see what’s wrong with my foot and hip and to see if I’ve done more damage!
Good luck Jeanette... everything crossed for you.

What you really need is plenty of sunlight but living up there maybe make do with Vitamin D3 supplements.. really improve resistance to viral coughs and colds many other things too include blue skin like most Scots have.

gwaygway...was just thinking the other day.......you post a lot about this vit.....quite a while ago........can you refresh my memory....what was the dose you took of vit d3...thanks

trust your recovery will go well for you jennie....having problems with your back can be excrutiating to say the least....good luck

10000ius Vit D3, per day plus as much sunlight as possible in summer, the recomended dose is way out of date and going up all the time, it is necessary to take K2 about 320 microgrammes per day to make the calcium go to the proper places.

ARE YOU STILL SUFFERING FROM THE BUG THATS GOING ABOUT,,I ENDED IN HOSPITAL BUT ESCAPED B4 II WAS BEDDED DOWN ,THE STAFF WERE GREAT ,FULL TESTS DONE ON ME BUT GOT HOME LAST SAT MORNING ,FIONA AND MYSELF ARE JUST NOW GETTING BETTER ,WEVE STAYED IN BED AND AWAY FROM OUR GRANDKIDS ETC AS OUR GRANDDAUGHTER HAS NOT BEEN WELL .
HOW LONG IS THIS PESKY THING LASTING OVER THE COUNTRY?
gordon, i take 2 echineforce. i get them @ boots the chemists. p.s. at the start of a cold or simmelar. for 3 days ,ok pj

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back