Suggestions please for Cornwall

St. Michaels Mount, Tintagel Castle and The Eden Project are all very interesting

If you like model railway layouts there is one in Mevagissey that is well worth a visit.

Minnack Theatre well worth a visit and if there is anything on and tickets are available it’s so worth going.

Take something to sit on and if it's a evening performance warm clothing
Also, be aware that the 'best seats' are at the bottom of a lot of very steep steps and it's quite a climb back up to the car park!

If theatre/am-dram floats your boat, and you find yourself at the massive Hendra Holiday Park near Newquay, the Lane Theatre (https://lanetheatre.co.uk/) is only ten minutes walk from Hendra's main gate. I know they have a three-week run of "Ten Times Table" from Sept 8th. The Lane Theatre is interesting in that it wasn't built as a theatre and so doesn't have provision for scenery 'flies'. The couple of times we've visited, they came up with some very creative sets to overcome the resulting restrictions. Very friendly people and we thoroughly enjoyed our visits.

Just read this regards Newquay and still early after the board masters event
That data was for Friday 13th and shows 112 cases out of the local population, holiday makers and festival goers combined. Somewhat inaccurately, the data applies those as a proportion of the local population only and so that figure of 1,123.8 per 100,000 should actually be closer to 300 per 100,000, which is roughly the same as most of the country. If the traffic on Tuesday was anything to go by, many of those cases have now left Newquay, leaving the area potentially with a below-average number of cases.

FWIW, We did a 'round robin' on Tuesday that took us down the A30 to Redruth. Thanks to a vehicle fire over the weekend, the A30 northbound was down to one lane just before Victoria and the tailback extended beyond the A39 turnoff at Indian Queens, where traffic coming from Newquay was backed up as far as the eye could see. So almost stationary traffic for well in excess of five miles and Pirate FM warned everyone to stay away if possible; we returned via Truro and St Austell, a route that takes a lot longer than the A30 under normal circumstances.

For info, the Government's interactive covid map is updated every Friday: https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/interactive-map/cases

Thanks everyone for your input, we have enough suggestions to last a month!
At the moment, we are in the vicinity of Mevagissey, planning a move further West on Monday. So much to see and do, worn out already, where did all these hills come from? Norfolk’s virtually flat!😎
I wouldn't have mentioned this but, since you're in the area and I recommended the Britannia Inn at Par, I suggest you phone ahead and ensure they can accommodate you if you're planning a stop there. Hopefully, things will be OK there next week. However, Jan and I booked a table for last Thursday and confirmed three weeks previously that we could overnight in their back field. We arrived about an hour before our table booking to find a charity event in full swing, nowhere to park and it was too late to take the van back to storage. Thankfully, another favourite pub stop came to our rescue!

We have decided to give the Foreign a miss this year and will try again next year when hopefully things will be more stable.
Going to spend the time touring Cornwall instead and would appreciate some suggestions please for places to visit.
We intend to take the tow car, so we can explore the otherwise inaccessible places. We will probably pick campsites where possible and stay for a few days, going out in the car.
Any advice or suggestions would be very welcome please.
You could give my site a try for north Cornwall. Check out my reviews. millmeadowcamping.co.uk

You could give my site a try for north Cornwall. Check out my reviews. millmeadowcamping.co.uk
We will certainly heading your way in the next couple of weeks, so will give you a call to see if you have any vacancies. Thanks for the heads up 👍

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back