Superior fuels

Utube pro tests have been done on redex, found to be a con.
Trev when I was a member of a car modding club some guys went to extraordinary lengths for a couple more BHP. They did an awful lot of testing on a rolling road with different fuels, the most popular premium fuel at that time was Shell V Power (petrol here not diesel). They found they could indeed get some advantages using VPower but they had to remap their ecu’s to get them. If for any reason after this they had to fill up with anything else the cars just didn’t run right. As a result the majority of members didn’t go for remapping to one fuel unless they were only using their cars for track days.

All this was done under test conditions where they could prove what was happening with a rolling road, not what the driver thought. My conclusions are once you spend an extra ten pence or so a litre you just don’t want to admit there is no difference although I won’t lose any sleep if others think differently.

Re tests on Red X, my van continues to start okay and run smoothly and quietly so I will continue to add it now and then 👍😁😁

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back