Survey - snow chains

Carrerasax

A who’s been winter touring?

B Used snow chains?

PS I’ve got 16” set that no longer fit new van, open to offers!

Snow chains, winter touring? I wish, I couldn't get our 16inch wheeled Hymer out of a wet car park.
Good luck with the sale.
Slainte Growlie

Axle set or full set, what make and model?
Now that’s technical. Never used them, hardly opened the box and we’re away now TIL November.
16” and I think full set but I’ll let u know more details when I get back.
Sorry!!!

Snow chains, winter touring? I wish, I couldn't get our 16inch wheeled Hymer out of a wet car park. Good luck with the sale. Slainte Growlie
Well they're just what you need never used mine for snow but have used them to exit a grass field after rain

You need to specify the tyre size they were fitted to so that others can guage if they will fit :) Unless the vehicle was 4x4 highly unlikely that you would have more than 1 pair (axle set ) HTSH

Chains make a considerable difference in snow or mud , but should be removed as soon as snow clears as they wear very fast , and should only be used at relatively low speeds .

You need to specify the tyre size they were fitted to so that others can guage if they will fit :) Unless the vehicle was 4x4 highly unlikely that you would have more than 1 pair (axle set ) HTSH

Chains make a considerable difference in snow or mud , but should be removed as soon as snow clears as they wear very fast , and should only be used at relatively low speeds .
It looks like Carrerasax said they are for 16” wheels.

Yes. Each year we take camper to the alps

Have snow chains and snowsocks Both have their pros and cons Snowsocks are fantastic on fresh new snow when you only need them on for short duration as they go on off so quickly (e.g.if wind blown snow on bend on alpine road but rest clear)

But dont use them on hard packed as ice will rip them to shreds

Used to use chains regularly when i had the FWD fiat ducato based campers

Very rarely used them on the iveco RWD but can’t remember if i have used them on the sprinter RWD in the 11 years I have had it (though do have 6 winter tyres on it Michelin Agils Alpin)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back