Tambour shower door removal

brucews

Anyone removed/refitted the sliding shower door (tambour) in the central section of a camper van? Our Globecar Campscout has some damaged black bulbous sliders on the base and a couple have fallen out and need to be replaced; there appears no obvious way to remove the door other than removing all the top sliding locators, which seems overly complicated, and the door doesn't seem to lift enough to allow the track to come out of the bottom track. Any ideas? :Ok_Hand_Sign_Emoji:

brucews;n35207 said:
Anyone removed/refitted the sliding shower door (tambour) in the central section of a camper van? Our Globecar Campscout has some damaged black bulbous sliders on the base and a couple have fallen out and need to be replaced; there appears no obvious way to remove the door other than removing all the top sliding locators, which seems overly complicated, and the door doesn't seem to lift enough to allow the track to come out of the bottom track. Any ideas? :Ok_Hand_Sign_Emoji:

Hi Bruce I’m not sure but I’m certain a member done this on the wild camping forum a few weeks ago I will try n find the post might be worth flagging it up on there as well
regards g

brucews;n35207 said:

This is on the wild site Bruce search tambour door and you will get this thread

Attachments

• photo3185.png
    photo3185.png
    302.8 KB · Views: 6
Thanks Gordon, but no one was able to reply to that thread, and I think the hymer version is slightly different. I think saw this when it was first posted in April.
Bruce

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back