Tele Aerial Solution

Winks

Looks like the tele aerial problem is solved. We are not greatly bothered about the tele belly bunkum box but enough messing about with an indoor aerial is enough. Got one of these from Amazon.

Stuck it on the roof sitting on a small stainless plate and Robert appears to be yer Mam’s brother. We do not have a very strong signal, as is evident from some of the aerials round about but this little joker pulled in 141 services despite being in amongst the roof rails and solar panels. It is mag mount but I have it stuck down on to the stainless plate which is in turn stuck to the roof.

I’ll put a piccy on sometime and keep you informed about how it performs.

Cheers

H

We bought one of those a couple of years ago . Its worked very well in most places, only time we didn't get a signal was in a deep valley. well woth the money.

Be interested in how you get on. I have a Necvox one that looks the same and it is total pants just about everywhere I have tried it (I even got it replaced to see if it was a faulty item)

Be interested in how you get on. I have a Necvox one that looks the same and it is total pants just about everywhere I have tried it (I even got it replaced to see if it was a faulty item)

I’ll keep folk up to date on how it goes. This one is smaller than the Necvox I think. Think it’s worth a punt at £20.

Cheers

H

Had one for years good wee aerial but I only paid £7 for it and still get them under a tenner7092694F-5636-496B-9B1A-D730433C77B2.png

Seems this little puppy is the answer to our tv problem. Moved the van to a couple of local spots where we have previously struggled to get a signal and it has worked fine.

Cheers

H

I ended up getting the Avtex STH3000 after a recommendation from Charlie. So far I have only had it clipped on an internal grab rail and it’s been amazing.

Only really had tv on to see what channels it could get apart from line of duty on sundays but it’s been best yet with no pixilation on channels it gets

Do these aerials need to be on a metal plate on the roof or can the just go straight onto roof

E1BAFF8A-A70D-4C62-8B84-1C824DC54555.jpeg

I have mounted it on a small stainless plate stuck to the roof and the aerial stuck on to the plate. Without this “ground plane” I have less services when scanned. I selected this particular aerial after reading reviews from narrow boat users and noting it has a decent diameter coax cable and not the skinny one that some appear to have.

Cheers

H484D2CD8-801F-456D-A326-9F9F9818AFD9.jpeg

Last edited:
We have one and to date has worked well, except once when in a wooded valley. All we do is pop it out of a window or roof light tune tv job done goes straight onto van body

i have just bought the Sniper stub aerial. Have yet to try it properly in action. However, I have an app on the mobile, which searches for available DTV transmitters and their location in relation to the van. If you are able to site the aerial permanently, then knowing where the signal is strongest, will give some assistance.

Had one for years good wee aerial but I only paid £7 for it and still get them under a tennerView attachment 45122
On Gordon's recommendation, I bought one of these even though I was somewhat Septic about it. But lo and behold it works a treat, and the weekend at Glasson, I had the tv right through the weekend. My Gob has been smacked and my flabber has been Gasted! Cheers Gordon.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back