The Bread Making Thread

Again a slight divergence from bread, Susie has her first attempt at bread rolls planned for the weekend after getting some yeast. The baking this week has been Viennese Whirls, Mini Victoria Sponges and I’ve had some crumpet too.

View attachment 54527View attachment 54528View attachment 54529
Wow! That's an impressive collection of loveliness, Bill. Frankly I'm always in awe of those operating at a skill level so much higher than mine. Please pass on my congratulations to Susie.
No problem at all including baking other than bread. Perhaps the thread title needs a tweek?
I've been baking this week but have also been tied up with sunshine. Tomorrow I'll endeavour to catch up with a post in the thread.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Reactions: 2cv

Is there a yeast shortage?
i have these sachets if anyone desperate I can post them to you.
View attachment 54542
That's a really kind and generous offer, Aly. It's selfless acts of friendship like that that makes this community so special.
I have enough for my immediate needs, thank you.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Tezza33

We haven't been able to buy any in the shops around here since the lockdown started.
Fortunately, we are OK because we have always kept a good stock but thank you for your kind offer, I am sure there are other members who cannot buy any (y)

GeoffL

i have these sachets if anyone desperate I can post them to you. [...]
Thank you so much for the offer -- it is really appreciated. However, we still have about 50g of Allinson's Easybake left from the 200g we started the lockdown with. So I'll leave your kind offer for someone more desperate. FWIW, we also have had a box of the Morrison's on order with Amazon for over a fortnight -- but don't know when that'll become available. Thanks again.

Reiverlad

I had to double check who's recipe i did in fact use - couldnt remember !!

In fact it was a variation of the one put up by Jaggymax but instead of the mix of flours i used just strong bread flour.
The loaf needed a bit longer in the oven & a larger slash up the middle as i had a small part cooked dough in the middle.
But I live and learn - for the next time !!