The Drum

Scotia

No reports from the Drum! Is it a case of what happens at the Drum stays at the Drum?

Significant flooding in the city.
According to the app "My Elevation" we are 82m above sea level !
Tis a bit wet though. Hope we can all move tomorrow...A few have gone already !

Well here is our today’s report set of to walk to the outskirts of Edinburgh within 500 yds the heavens opened and me Bill and the 2 dogs were like drowned rats did we go back to the van absolutely not once your wet your wet you cannot get wetter so we carried on walked the 3 to 4 miles to the shops it’s a long road with shops down both sides with a variety of eateries, charity shops, Gift shops and bargain basement shops we had Kentucky fried chicken for lunch which we ate on a park bench in a torrential downpour only the dogs were kept dry sat on the mobility trike under a large umbrella while we ate soggy chicken and watered down coffee after making a few purchases in various shops we headed back to the Drum Estate in the third torrential downpour of the day, so are we glad we went? Hell yes did we enjoy our little trip out. Absolutely yes we could have sat in the van watching tv or reading a book but where would the fun in that be. 😂😂 we had a great time. 👍

Well here is our today’s report set of to walk to the outskirts of Edinburgh within 500 yds the heavens opened and me Bill and the 2 dogs were like drowned rats did we go back to the van absolutely not once your wet your wet you cannot get wetter so we carried on walked the 3 to 4 miles to the shops it’s a long road with shops down both sides with a variety of eateries, charity shops, Gift shops and bargain basement shops we had Kentucky fried chicken for lunch which we ate on a park bench in a torrential downpour only the dogs were kept dry sat on the mobility trike under a large umbrella while we ate soggy chicken and watered down coffee after making a few purchases in various shops we headed back to the Drum Estate in the third torrential downpour of the day, so are we glad we went? Hell yes did we enjoy our little trip out. Absolutely yes we could have sat in the van watching tv or reading a book but where would the fun in that be. 😂😂 we had a great time. 👍
I'm proud to know you
bill and yourself are now honorary just aboot jocks👄

Screenshot_20210706-080110_Facebook.jpg

So today is packing up day, the van was all packed ready to hit the road in the direction of Kelso off we went but I’m a sucker for a brown tourist sign so we have gone off piste to find a statue of William Wallace and Walter Scots favourite view in Scotland I can see why he liked it, the road here was a bit scary Mary narrow bendy but worth it for the fab location and possible overnight stop so lunch and a few photos then on to Kelso.

Don’t suppose you want to know it was glorious sunshine just across the border ha ha ha

Hi Meg, just a note to thank you for organising the meet. I enjoyed it very much and had the opportunity to visit friends in Edinburgh. I stayed Sunday night in a space above Eskdalemuir. It was, for me, something of a meditation on the passage of time. Trees I cared for as babies now being logged!
Thanks again.

Hi Meg, we also had a nice time at The Drum. We met some nice people and had a nice time in Edinburgh. We left early
on the Monday due to the bad weather. Filled up with diesel at Asda in Tranent just along the A1 EH331LP 129p/lt a bit
cheaper than the service stations along the A1 . Once again thank you.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back