The Human Brain........

.....is a truly remarkable organ.
For instance, as you read this, your brain will likely encourage your eyes to scan the words (in fact often several words at a time) and interpret the intended meaning from the jumble:

IMG-20200606-WA0002.jpg

This is one reason why I'm in awe of proof readers. Do they have brains that register the words strictly as printed and flag up misspellings?
Now to the crux of the matter.
Can anyone come up with a similar moho- themed script?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

When I was a lot younger I was a graphic designer. Part of my job was proof reading. It’s quite easy because you are expecting words to be spelt wrong.
The example in the red box is easy to read, as you state, but you still know all the words are spelt wongrly.......

Treating the journey as part of the experience, rather than just the means of getting there, if that’s what u mean!!!😀

Tadoy I dcedied taht I ralely shulod chcek taht the mortomhoe tryes are OK.
Wlhie I had tmie I thuhgot taht I shulod chcek the enngie oil and wetar lvele. I'm pelaesd to ropert taht btoh wree OK.
Toromorw I'll porblaby go for a divre and gerenlaly mkae srue taht evyrehtnig tciks oevr the way it shulod.
I'll top up wtih desiel and liqiud potrluem gas so taht I'm radey to go aawy ocne the lcokodwn cmeos to an end.
Tihs is caretilny not esay to witre and three's porblaby sucfifunet erorrs celevrly hedidn aawy in the priveuos lnies to keep a hlaf dcenet porof radeer bsuy for an huor or so!

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

.....is a truly remarkable organ.
For instance, as you read this, your brain will likely encourage your eyes to scan the words (in fact often several words at a time) and interpret the intended meaning from the jumble:

View attachment 54828

This is one reason why I'm in awe of proof readers. Do they have brains that register the words strictly as printed and flag up misspellings?
Now to the crux of the matter.
Can anyone come up with a similar moho- themed script?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂
This made me wonder .... If it is so easy for people to read and understand the above (and I could do so), why is word dyslexia such a problem? I am not belittling the problem, but wondering why it is a problem?

This made me wonder .... If it is so easy for people to read and understand the above (and I could do so), why is word dyslexia such a problem? I am not belittling the problem, but wondering why it is a problem?

I'm certainly no expert in this area but have helped people with number dyslexia (dyscalculia).
I think that people with dyslexia have difficulty identifying and processing conventional word and letter patterns. If they're presented with a pattern that doesn't match the conventional pattern (as above), the problem isn't made any easier for them.
In fact, although a number of us can read the two examples in the thread to date, I suspect that they slow us down considerably since it causes us to constantly try and match new letter patterns to those embedded in our subconscious from years of use.
A small taste, perhaps, of what a person with dyslexia experiences.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Whoever gave the problem the name dyslexia had a horrible sense of humour. Even people without it have difficulty spelling dyslexia. (I was going to put "spelling it" and then I knew the posts that would bring)

My son is dyslexic and, when he was at school, I developed so I could read his stories and obscure spellings, often the teachers couldn't. Certainly sees words completely differently from a non dyslexic brain! Still never uses punctuation or capitals which makes communications challenging!

I did. Mum and dad took dog out. it ran off. not seen for a day now. (doesnt always work!)

I'm not sure I understand your post, Eurobiker330. Any chance you could expand it a little?

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back