Thetford Oven/Grill SOG 10958

Out There

Free Member

Has anyone had trouble with the grill It lights stays lit for about 20/30 seconds then goes out, will not stay on?
Oven flame is ok

Don't know the model but with many appliances its worth trying shifting the connectors on the back of the control knob off and on again, just to clean up the connection. After that it will be a case of changing the thermocouple (flame detector) which should be in the flame by a few millimetres.

Cheers

H

Oh yes we had that with the Pilote. We found that the flame was dancing above the burner. If we opened the door then it was OK We had bed trouble so it went before I fixed it but from what I could work out it was lack of oxygen that was putting the flame out. I was going to check that the vents were big enough and not blocked. Current MH had a Dometic oven. That was absolute junk so found itself sitting outside the MH.

Is there a thermocouple or sensor near the flame? It might be failing to detect heat and doing a safety cut-off. You should be able to replace the thermocouple or clean it up to start with?

Are you closing the oven door when the grill is lit, if so, leave the oven door open and see what happens.

On the Duplex models, there was an overheat sensor above the grill that kept failing, I ended up going Triplex, but I heard a cheap fix was to short it out and keep the brain in gear.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back