Thinking of fitting a SOG

Fitted one last year, brilliant. The smell used to be a real downside of using the van, now there is no smell, inside or outside. If you have an issue with the van you're parked next to, I suspect they're not using a filter.

We had one on a Hymer. As it only runs the fan when the blade is open the amount of smell is swamped by the outside air and we never had smells in the van at all.

Well, the decision has been made for me. Went to order a kit ( type F) and the website said that you need 4cm clearance between the cassette and door to fit the fan and cable. I have less than 2 cm.
it also says that if you don’t have clearance to use the floor or roof vent kit.
I’m not keen on cutting holes in the roof and I have a double heated floor with heating pipes and cables directly under the cassette, so, I’m not cutting through there either.
Easiest solution is to wear these......

0785A7A0-2EE4-4889-9756-4503E9082AAB.jpeg

Ok its a 'toilet kit' but what is it ? As far as I can see it does not use chems, or stuff, why is there a hole in the roof ? Just exactly what is it, somebody out there must know ! How do I convert mine ? and why ? is it worth doing, how much better is a SOG than and a Cassette Toilet ? If its so great why don't motorhome makers fit them as standard ? as for me, I have never heard of this before, so I need enlightening .

Ok its a 'toilet kit' but what is it ? As far as I can see it does not use chems, or stuff, why is there a hole in the roof ? Just exactly what is it, somebody out there must know ! How do I convert mine ? and why ? is it worth doing, how much better is a SOG than and a Cassette Toilet ? If its so great why don't motorhome makers fit them as standard ? as for me, I have never heard of this before, so I need enlightening .

It is a kit of parts that comprises of a fan and the associated tubing, switch, wiring and either a vent housing to fit on the cassette door or a through the roof vent.
Once installed when you open the internal flap of your toilet the fan starts and causes a depression in the tank venting to the exterior of the van, thereby stopping most or all of the nasty smells associated with sitting on the toilet.

It's not an alternative to a "cassette toilet", simply an addition.

Some manufacturers have fitted them as standard in the past.

Some Thetford toilets have their own version of the idea.

For some more info see here https://www.soguk.co.uk/

It is a kit of parts that comprises of a fan and the associated tubing, switch, wiring and either a vent housing to fit on the cassette door or a through the roof vent.
Once installed when you open the internal flap of your toilet the fan starts and causes a depression in the tank venting to the exterior of the van, thereby stopping most or all of the nasty smells associated with sitting on the toilet.

It's not an alternative to a "cassette toilet", simply an addition.

Some manufacturers have fitted them as standard in the past.

Some Thetford toilets have their own version of the idea.

For some more info see here https://www.soguk.co.uk/

Thank you for that quick response, I have notice contraption on cassette doors, and that's what they are, thankyou for enlightening me .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back