Third Party Liability Dog Insurance

Burstner Boy

In advance of our six week trip to France in June, I have been looking into third party liability dog insurance for our Doug. I have discovered in searching that in all UK pet policies I have found they only provide this cover in the UK not in the EU.

Is any body aware of a pet policy that covers, along with the usual vets fees etc., third party liability in the EU?

Thanks

This doesn't cover vets bills, but if you're a member of the Companion Club run by Dogs Trust you get up to £1m third-party insurance.

I've just checked the FAQ which suggest that cover is world-wide as long as the member lives in the UK, for holidays abroad up to 6 months, but please don't take my word for it - google "dogs trust companion club" for general info, and more detail can be found here ...

My pet policy, Ageas, covers 3rd party whilst temporarily in the EU provided the dog is there legally - ie AHC.

I would expect most pet insurance policies to include this but check EU to be sure.

Thanks for your help guys in sorting this out.

In summary, as stated all the policies I found wouldn't cover third party liability in EU. So went with a 'standard' UK policy (£2m cover) and Dogs Trust for third party liability in EU (£1m cover).

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back