Thule awnong storm tie down kit - help please

I'm not wary but Mrs GMJ is. I'll try and slip in a night sometime if I can dovetail it with another trip.

I think it's all the wife swapping and 'ging gang goolie' around the campfire that puts her off tbh...

I'm not wary but Mrs GMJ is. I'll try and slip in a night sometime if I can dovetail it with another trip.

I think it's all the wife swapping and 'ging gang goolie' around the campfire that puts her off tbh...
Our experience of the meets is more of an elderley gentlemens club atmosphere. 🤫

Reactions: GMJ
That's a manky attitude by Thule. Put's me off ever using them and I think others should boycott them too.
Had a similar "tough luck" attitude from the mob who make the concertina-style window blinds. Forget their name, but I lost a small plastic piece which holds the blind open when driving. No spares but happy to offer a PAIR of side window blinds costing an arm and 3 legs. Tied it back with string about 18 months ago as a temporary measure!

Reactions: GMJ
Anyway, back to the original question...

I have managed to make one out of an old spanner of all things. I suspect that it came with some furniture years ago. Luckily it was rigid enough steel (c.1mm) to be strong enough for its new use. I cut the end off with an angle grinder and took the burrs off with my bench grinder. Then drilled a 6mm hole followed by forming it in the vice with a hammer.

IMG_2952.JPG

Bit harsh Rog

I'm sure she's not that bad :LOL:

Basically, you will get out of a meet what you put into it.
It’s a Community thing.
I think what Roger is saying is, if you bring 3 wives you’re going to have a better time. 😜

Last edited:
3 wives??!!??

Are you sure you would have a better time???

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back