Tiny beeping noise from behind Fiat dashboard

Went to get in the Habitation door today and found it wouldn’t open with the central locking key fob. The step went down ok. Went in through drivers door to see from the inside what happened. When I operated the key the inner handle twitched slightly but Insufficiently to open the door. So now I’ve got another problem to figure out...I wonder if they are related. Meanwhile...any ideas on where to begin to sort out the lock?
That twitching handle suggests to me voltage drop, possibly a long run of undersized wire between the battery and the door. What is the condition of the engine battery? The voltage of my engine battery drops rapidly because it is running the alarm, immobiliser, central systems and tracker. My step is powered by the leisure battery and has good sized wiring.

Perhaps the beeping noise is one of the many electronic components warning of low voltage?

Hows the battery in your key if it's low would it beep. My house hold alarm remote does and noises can be very hard to locate unless continuous I know the first time ours went took a couple of days before we found what it was

Don’t think it’s that. It’s coming from the centre of the dashboard, key is on the other side.

That twitching handle suggests to me voltage drop, possibly a long run of undersized wire between the battery and the door. What is the condition of the engine battery? The voltage of my engine battery drops rapidly because it is running the alarm, immobiliser, central systems and tracker. My step is powered by the leisure battery and has good sized wiring.

Perhaps the beeping noise is one of the many electronic components warning of low voltage?

Thanks, not something I had thought of. But voltage looks good, and battery condition was recently checked by garage. Beeping occurs while moving when voltage is good...it’s difficult to trace because you can’t hear it when stationary.

I would 2nd TeamRienzaks idea of checking the batteries in smoke or carbon monoxide detectors

Years ago i thought the passnger seat on my vw was squeaking very occasionally, this was driving me nuts , i oiled all moving parts etc and while driving was actively listening for it

Turned out to be smoke alarm above it

Thanks, but they are at the other end of the van.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back