To be or not to be

Dahlia duo

Free Member

A question for those how may know.
We currently drive a fiat docato 2.8 deisel manual swift kon tiki 2004, we have looked at another van which is a auto-trail Cheyenne 740 s which is a 3ltr fiat but with an auto box 2009. The question is are the auto boxies up to the job and engine, what would I expect per gallon and would I be trading up or down

I had a 3l 160bhp and it was a brilliant engine with the benefit of being chain driven so no timing belt changes. I could get 28mph and it would cruise all day at 60mph @ 2000rpm.

I’ve no experience of the 3.0auto, but my experience of the woeful gearbox situation on my 2.8jtd made me want a change regardless. I’ve got a 2.3 manual but an auto wouldn’t be a bad choice for me.

I had a 3l 160bhp and it was a brilliant engine with the benefit of being chain driven so no timing belt changes. I could get 28mph and it would cruise all day at 60mph @ 2000rpm.
Thanks for your reply’s the mileage of 28 is what I currently return, chain drive is a bonus, and you think I would be happy with the auto box. Thanks again

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back