To Freeze or not to Freeze

wildebus

I accidently knocked the termostat on my Camperbus Fridge to full a few days ago.
Went to take some drinks out yesterday and found something interesting....
The cans of Coca-Cola (the 'real thing') were totally solid and the cans had bulged right out.
The cans of Irn Bru were totally solid and cans again bulged out.
The two cans of San Pellegrino (one Orange, one Clemintine) were totally normal! A shake of the can showed the contents liquid and not slushy.
All the cans were on the same shelf below the ice box

Thought it was interesting and I guess the freezing point of Citrus Fruit must be much lower than water?
Bet a can of Tango or Fanta would have done the same as Coke. Reckon it is a good indication of product quality :)

I accidently knocked the termostat on my Camperbus Fridge to full a few days ago.
Went to take some drinks out yesterday and found something interesting....
The cans of Coca-Cola (the 'real thing') were totally solid and the cans had bulged right out.
The cans of Irn Bru were totally solid and cans again bulged out.
The two cans of San Pellegrino (one Orange, one Clemintine) were totally normal! A shake of the can showed the contents liquid and not slushy.
All the cans were on the same shelf below the ice box

Thought it was interesting and I guess the freezing point of Citrus Fruit must be much lower than water?
Bet a can of Tango or Fanta would have done the same as Coke. Reckon it is a good indication of product quality :)
either that or they have topped up with antifreeze like cheep wines used to do.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back