Toilet chemicals.... again

paulhelenwilko

Just been reading the latest MMM. There is a letter asking about using soap in the toilet, so MMM asked Thetford and Dometic and guess what they said !

mmm.jpg

Has anyone had issues with seals going ? I always let the liquid soap dribble over the valve to lubricate it. I suspect replacing the seals every few years is cheaper than paying for their chemicals.

As for the smell I agree with the letter writer that the soap smells better, and the contents of the toilet smell better than the chemicals.

At the end of a trip I rinse the cassette out and put 1/2 inch of water in with some bio to slop around while travelling. The inside of the cassette has never looked so clean !
I am sure that the bio is kinder on the environment than those blue chemicals, and the bio does not stain everything blue !

Yes bio liquid 4 us (Lidl)
The first year we went "Full-time in the summer" The cassette got a bit caked with like lime
Gave it a really good clean and now it keeps squeaky (not bum) clean.
MT is most days and do not put too much bio in and give it a couple of rinses.
Similar to the previous post

Just been reading the latest MMM. There is a letter asking about using soap in the toilet, so MMM asked Thetford and Dometic and guess what they said !

View attachment 40325

Has anyone had issues with seals going ? I always let the liquid soap dribble over the valve to lubricate it. I suspect replacing the seals every few years is cheaper than paying for their chemicals.

As for the smell I agree with the letter writer that the soap smells better, and the contents of the toilet smell better than the chemicals.
i have a problem, i have been using it for years, and at least 4 vans, if in a bit of a stink the ,i have put washing bowl liquid down with the water,
ps.looks clean to me,pj

Because I was using a variety of cheap stuff in the loo in our last van I took the mechanism apart to have a good look.

Everything was perfect, and so I'll continue using the cheaper products.

Thetford's latest gimmick is the expensive filter sat underneath the cassette. I won't be using their products for that either.

I thought one of the main reasons for fitting a SOG was that you didn't need to use chemicals - or anything else? So why has Mr Binger written to MMM about it?

Our toilet has a fresh water tank flush not a header tank so would only use blue/green chemical and not the pink anyway. We tend to swap about but have never used liquid soap, we use washing powder in tablet worm and whichever the cheapest non-bio is when we shop.

It is non-bio that should be used with septic tanks not bio and I often empty out cassettes into our septic tank at home if we haven’t been somewhere we can empty out before returning home. Putting anything into the tank doesn’t touch any seals sp cannot cause any damage and if the washing tabs could damage plastics every house would have problems with waste pipes.

Aw come on, surely you can manage that on yer own :giggle:
Pilchard! You know as well as I do that other people use zaflora as a deodorant in loo as well. Not so good if you use it under arm. Your getting as bad as the plonker from Buxton ?

Pilchard! You know as well as I do that other people use zaflora as a deodorant in loo as well. Not so good if you use it under arm. Your getting as bad as the plonker from Buxton ?
Funny you should say that Del, I so very nearly sprayed after shave in my armpit this morning, soooooo close

Our toilet has a fresh water tank flush not a header tank so would only use blue/green chemical and not the pink anyway. We tend to swap about but have never used liquid soap, we use washing powder in tablet worm and whichever the cheapest non-bio is when we shop.

It is non-bio that should be used with septic tanks not bio and I often empty out cassettes into our septic tank at home if we haven’t been somewhere we can empty out before returning home. Putting anything into the tank doesn’t touch any seals sp cannot cause any damage and if the washing tabs could damage plastics every house would have problems with waste pipes.

Not sure it matters which one you use. It would be unlikely if you was to use your own septic tank. Once you’ve moved on, no worries. Out of sight out of mind.
Some one will say this is an irresponsible post. They may be right.
Is this ?, the face of concern?

Funny you should say that Del, I so very nearly sprayed after shave in my armpit this morning, soooooo close
Why would a bearded POA use aftershave? The clue is in the word “after “.

Barry, Thetford shareholder.?

Why don't you lot believe you MUST use THETFORD fluids in a THETFORD toilet , including THETFORD toilet paper .

You will not be laughing when your THETFORD toilet dissolves into THETFORD pile of plastic on your shower floor .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back