Toilet tap removal.

Thanks Roger, I have the Voche tool at home, typical, EH!

I have plugged the hot and cold hose pipe work just above the T- Joint for water to sink, I’ll check for seal integrity tomorrow, and if good, carry on as normal, as long as the shower works, which it should do, we have two sinks within our kitchen area, which will be suffice for now.

Cheers 🍻

There are plenty of different sizes available eg

I can only refer to the one linked Rog, and I'd not seen the new ones linked, plumbing seems to have moved on a bit since I had a sink in my face.

I had to laugh when I was reading the description, there are so many excuses for it not being what you think you are buying that it'd be difficult to return, but it looks like it might do the job for Terry's problem hopefully.

Update, I managed to remove top part of tap which allows access to the cartridge, which I could not remove. My issue is water leaking from the underside of tap.

Filled with water and primed, both H&C leaked where I plugged them off. I tried accessing H&C pipes where they enter underside of tap, to see if a push would help, then removing the plugs, once again inserted tails back into H&C pipes, primed system and had Bea turn on toilet sink hot tap, fine, then cold tap, the leak was coming from cold tap when turned on.

Pressure off the system, back into the basement to search for a better plug, which I found, cold pipe now plugged and no leaks, FandabbyDosey say I, a happy bunny 🐰.

Everything now fine apart from no cold water at toilet sink 😛

I’ll do a proper repair if possible, or replace the unit when I return back home 🥂

IMG_5662.jpeg

It's very frustrating when things go awry on a trip, touch wood that's all sorted for you until you get home.

Honestly, the basement here is an Aladdin’s Cave, while raking around I found hidden away, these live rifle rounds, I thought, now there is a perfect plug 😳
0F5F201B-D8A4-4D12-98FE-78F3C8B95B40.jpegIMG_5661.jpegIMG_5660.jpeg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back