TomTom

debs

Went to a meet this weekend in Stafford, no tomtom, it would not find satellites, so it was back to the old way of doing things, with my paper satnav. The well thumbed Philips large scale road atlas never let me down once, didn't take me on a mystery tour and didn't keep telling me to "turn around when possible" When I got to the village of Haughton, I stopped and asked a very nice gentleman for the final details, it was just another 500yds and I was there! Magic! :)

Debs I had also had a problem last Saturday morning in the centre of Manchester , my sat nav had not broke but I had come to the buses only section of the centre and my sat nav was trying its hardest to get me a £50 fine , so it was back to the good old A - Z book , 10 min later I got to were I wanted to go ;)

It would seem that 2cv has the answer as I have not updated it for a long time. My operating system at home is Linux. I have been told that I can install a programme called Wine which would allow me to use TomTom home, but haven't got round to that possible minefield yet. May need some help from trevskoda.

The other advantage of a PC connection is that you can copy pois on to TomTom.
My tomtom had the same problem but connecting and allowing the upgrade worked 100%

If you haven't sorted it before the Druridge Bay meet in August I can update it there for you, if you need it urgently you could post it to me and you will receive it back a few days later

If you haven't sorted it before the Druridge Bay meet in August I can update it there for you, if you need it urgently you could post it to me and you will receive it back a few days later
I will file this kind offer in my head and hope it doesn't get corrupted while in there, and if I can't sort it out before Druridge, I will be knocking on your door. And in the meantime, I actually like using paper maps, so "Old School" it will be. Till Druridge....! :)

I will file this kind offer in my head and hope it doesn't get corrupted while in there, and if I can't sort it out before Druridge, I will be knocking on your door. And in the meantime, I actually like using paper maps, so "Old School" it will be. Till Druridge....! :)
I can put you new maps and POI's on as well, if you let me know which model tomtom it is I can make sure I have all the right stuff with me
edit:
I should have pointed out it will be FOC (y)

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back