too technical

On that theme, I watched this the other day.

Way back when, I sent an apprentice to do an oil and filter change on a Wartburg Knight estate car, it took an awfully long time before before said lad admitted defeat

Way back when, I sent an apprentice to do an oil and filter change on a Wartburg Knight estate car, it took an awfully long time before before said lad admitted defeat
I think I need that explaining to me.

Yes i remember the car, always smelled fried onions to me, so no oil change or filter the , every day a stool day 😅 😀

Chrome plated long weight.....

Bucket of sparks for the grinding machine......

Putting-on plane........

At Easter we had the apprentices collect Bunny Money. They'd be sent to Mr Thomas, who didn't have it this year but thought Fred in the stores had it .......who didn't have it this year but was confident the Finance Manager had it.....who didn't but could assure the apprentice that the Technical Director had it.
You get the process.
And they got about £50 in today's money.
It was a good way for the apprentices to find their way around and also meet people they might otherwise not.
And they generally finished with a big grin on their faces.

Colin 🙂🙂🙂

I think I need that explaining to me.
Wartberg cars are or rather were 3 cylinder 2 stroke engined with a total loss lube system similar to the early Auto Union / Audi German cars

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back