Towing a car!

Gave up trying to find a reason why motorhomers do anything if they had any sense in the first place would they stay in an old van crap in a box that they have to clean and call it fun.

[Towing a car!
What’s that all about? ]

I used to wonder that until I remembered that some people are less able bodied than me, and watched disabled folk drive off in their toad to get somewhere otherwise problematic. Not all disabilities are visible.

We're lucky to have our health, be able to walk, and not need a toad.

[Towing a car!
What’s that all about? ]

I used to wonder that until I remembered that some people are less able bodied than me, and watched disabled folk drive off in their toad to get somewhere otherwise problematic. Not all disabilities are visible.

We're lucky to have our health, be able to walk, and not need a toad.
I guess a toad would be useful for a quick hop into town though! 🤔

Staying in a truck overnight when your only30 mins from yer house and you cannae drive to it because you have used all yer drive time ,WHATS THAT ABOOT!
I have an Uncle who was a Lorry Driver in Germany back when they had very strict rules about times. Not drivers times, but lorry times. Soon as it hit 12:00 Noon on Saturday he had to park up whereever he was and his wife had to pick him up as the Lorry couldn't move for the rest of the weekend.

If you need a toad why not get a caravan?

EXACTLY !!! How many times have you seen a hyper expensive MoHo towing a car and yet their normal daily driver is some beat up old thing. Furthermore, I have asked many toad tuggers why they don't get a caravan only to be given the reply, "oh we don't like towing" !!!!!!! mad !!

We have a motorhome because of the freedom it gives you especially in Europe, some Aires allow caravans but not many, we tow a car in the UK only now but it is my choice for various reasons, we have just been to Abingdon for the meet, from there we had to come to Hertfordshire to take my MIL to hospital on Monday, she cannot climb in to the van so the car is essential, we would not have taken the car to Abingdon if we hadn't needed it here.
I have a few health problems so if we are parked up with the awning out, table and chairs in the awning the car is needed for me or for Maggy to jump in and drive to her 94th old Mums if she needs help urgently, I cannot understand why if you don't want to tow a toad yourself you think it is wrong for someone else to do it.
I don't agree with a lot of what is said and done on here but if it doesn't affect me it isn't my business, we are not all the same.

9 metere van wae a fiat 500 stuck on the back big generator thumping away grey waste pishing all over the 6 parking bays I’m taking up at Aldis. Canny wait till this guy moves he’s Jaguar so I can get my awning oot to keep my tables an chairs dry. Think I’ll need to light my barbecue for the party tonight get the karaoke going nice spot this think I’ll stay a couple of weeks. AldI Cider £1 a can whats that all about😱😱

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back