Tracker

The wilsons

I’m about to purchase a Elddis CV 40 campervan, comes with an immobiliser and cat 1 alarm system, I intend to put on a couple of visual mechanical deterrents, like a wheel clamp and a steering wheel anti theft device. Thinking of covering all bases and getting a tracker but don’t want to pay the earth for one, advice please for a reasonable initial outlay to purchase, and also on low monthly contract costs, are there any you can purchase outright without any extra subscriptions.
many thanks in anticipation.
jim

TK 905 tracker , ill see if i can find the blog or search facebook for it.

I use GiffGaff (O2 masts) for my remote monitoring. Trackers and other remote monitoring systems use SMS text messages and some networks no longer support SMS. Three has dropped 2g coverage and with it SMS texts are lost and this will include others who use their masts.

i have a tracker quite expensive inc 5 year subscription i received an alert the other day when my batteries went flat stored indoors so no solar only tracker & alarm running, but i do have a live usb feed that i plug an old i phone in with a PAYG sim in i can easily locate the van comes in great use when parked somewhere unfamiliar as well,

Here you go!

Thinking of covering all bases and getting a tracker but don’t want to pay the earth for one, advice please for a reasonable initial outlay to purchase, and also on low monthly contract costs, are there any you can purchase outright without any extra subscriptions.
many thanks in anticipation.
jim
I've used one like this for several years with a gifgaf 2 G PAYG sim works fine all over Europe giving location to within a few mtrs. I've given the number to family and Friends so they can follow our trips. You ring it it then hangs up and reply's with a text containing a google map link which when cliked shows location on a map only running expensive is the reply texts

I turn the driving seat round and then put a padlock and chain through the back of the seat frame and steering wheel.
You will see it as soon as you look into the cab.
Difficult to drive and a bother to remove.

I have a tracker similar to this.

Works throughout EU and UK. ( sim is already installed) You get access to an app or website which will show the location of the tracker 24/7 and you can set alarms ( movement, vibration etc, as well as creating a ring fence) Any alarm triggered will alert you by email or sms.
£60 a year, which I think is excellent. It’s easy to fit and only you will know where you put it.
You can also see your movement history on the app/ website. Handy if you want to see where you went on your last trip away....

I’ve gone for the DB2 tracker on the advice of my daughter, ordered it on Thursday evening, had a nice lad contact me on Friday morning 10am to say if you have a moterhome with solar panel, does it boost the starter battery, and if it does it won’t work.
I checked with the elddis dealer, the solar only powered the leisure battery so it’s fine
unit arrived by courier mid day today

I’ve gone for the DB2 tracker on the advice of my daughter, ordered it on Thursday evening, had a nice lad contact me on Friday morning 10am to say if you have a moterhome with solar panel, does it boost the starter battery, and if it does it won’t work.
I checked with the elddis dealer, the solar only powered the leisure battery so it’s fine
unit arrived by courier mid day today
Interesting, did he say why it would not work with solar boost?

It seem the tracker can monitor voltage drop on the main battery, ie if a door is opened on the vehicle which brings on the interior lights, I assume if it’s connected to solar it may not have the same voltage drop,
Thanks. Probably only a minor loss of function when the sun is out then. A good idea to keep the battery charged because it may not work at all if the battery is flat.

I have a tracker similar to this.

Works throughout EU and UK. ( sim is already installed) You get access to an app or website which will show the location of the tracker 24/7 and you can set alarms ( movement, vibration etc, as well as creating a ring fence) Any alarm triggered will alert you by email or sms.
£60 a year, which I think is excellent. It’s easy to fit and only you will know where you put it.
You can also see your movement history on the app/ website. Handy if you want to see where you went on your last trip away....
My daughter who advised me to go for this model basically because she says I’m stupid and it’s simple to install and set up, said the only drawback with this model is the built in sim, if the company goes down the tubes, and you can’t change the sim, the unit is then useless.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back