Transit mk7 based motorhomes

The laird

Rally Organiser

Just received this thought I’d post it and it’s three different diameter of locks not types

8B891E5C-451A-476D-9258-287713DBC526.png

Last edited:
Yeah read about that as well g,I never commented on the transit situation as it’s been known for years ! Think they’re a bit slow on the uptake on this inho

Apparently the device the thieves use is also available for about £100 to bypass Fiat security and start them in two minutes
Not heard of that one at that price???? The one that has been brought to our attention is about 900 Euros.

Any device that slows/stops them down is a bonus!!

Better to keep them out in the first place. The first problem is the Ford factory-fitted Tibbe locks. Recommendation is to replace with a more secure lock cylinder (Hykee) or fit deadlocks to the cab doors.
In case they get past/around the doors, protecting/concealing the OBD port is a second layer of protection.

I’ve done the hykee,n/s door blanked ,cdl disconnected,steering wheel clamp,strap across both doors,hab door has security lock finally cat class one alarm immobiliser.if they get past all that then good luck to them

Last edited:
One of my neighbors had his transit van stolen and he had upgraded his locks.
The smashed they just smashed the door glass

Maybe I got the price wrong, or maybe the thieves are even stealing the equipment to steal the vans.
The point was, that Fiats are also at risk, it is not just a Transit thing
Myself, I have your Growler and if our van gets nicked, I would rather not have it back.
Thats what I have insurance for!

@***** And a scary point to make that it is my friend.
Watching the video of how the software has been written and how quick the process is, is very scary stuff indeed. The worry I also have with this is certain aftermarket systems that have been installed using OBD. Even if you hide the port/protect it, all they need to do is clone the signal sent from your factory remote control, which typically doesn't roll the code each time you use it and uses the same set of codes every time you push the button, making a scan-grab tool ideal and light work of disarming such type of an alarm.
Yes they will have to spend the time to get to the OBD port to finish the job (get past the immobilisation bit), but I'd rather make it hard for them as possible in the first place, like getting past a good alarm system, mechanical devices or any method you wish to use.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back