Travel plans for 2020?

After some discussion in the GMJ household we have made a decision on our trip to Spain in January...and have decided that we will go ahead and book it.

Our logic is...

- The Chunnel can be booked and if we can't use in January it can be used anytime within a year, so hopefully nothing would be lost there.
- Most/all sites on the way down and back don't require a deposit, so nothing lost there.
- Hopefully the sites we stay on for longer stays will either do a partial refund or hold our deposit until the following year, in case of cancellation, TBA...
- I have re-scoped the trip to reduce the travelling time and number of sites we will be staying on, in order to reduce risk. This has meant postponing a visit to Madrid, Gibraltar and Valencia on this trip. It has also reduced the trip from 65 days+ to 51 days.
- Mrs GMj will use the on board facilities 100% of the time to keep safe and I have a pretty rigorous cleansing regime in place for myself.

As for the dratted virus...who knows?!

My logic is that there is a second wave happening across Europe now; summer holiday makers will have come back and done their worst (transmission-wise) by January; schools will have been back for several months so they will have done their worst...hopefully; winter will have been underway for a few months by January so hopefully the anticipated second surge will have gone through by then!

Obviously not being Nostradamus I/we can'tb tell the future but on that basis we'll never book anything/go anywhere!

Fingers crossed
biggrin.gif

Maybe a trip from Spain to the UK and back to our house if we can get through the lockdowns , but if not we will enjoy the costa sunshine :cool:. See you all in a couple of years :cautious::eek:🖐
Whereabouts are you and what’s it really like out there? We like estepona Andalusia area and would love to escape now that August weather has arrived🌬🌬☔☔️!!!!
Hope we see a bit more summer b4 weather lockdown!!!!!😀😀

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back