trouble with fridge

The fans do not have enough 'oomph' in them to pick up debris from the bottom of the vent chamber.

Logic to me suggests the opposite of what you say: if heat rises it makes sense to draw in cooler air to help it rise.

The way I see it is if you were in your house and were warm and wanted to put a desk fan on, you would stand in front of it to receive the cooling effect, not behind it.

As you say though, it is a subject of some conjecture.

Graham
smile.gif
Good point I suppose the proof of the pudding is to do a test in each of those position, I have mine at the top and they are pulling slow moving air, but at the bottom the fans would be moving the air much faster with a consequent better cooling effect, maybe I should change.🤔

Reactions: GMJ
mine is the tower system with a baffle plate under the evaporators which is where dometic recommend fitting them not the bottom vents i have had two 100m 2.5 amp computerfans delivered and will fit them in the top vents with a switch instead of thermostatic control will be several months before i can test it out

The fans do not have enough 'oomph' in them to pick up debris from the bottom of the vent chamber.

Logic to me suggests the opposite of what you say: if heat rises it makes sense to draw in cooler air to help it rise.

The way I see it is if you were in your house and were warm and wanted to put a desk fan on, you would stand in front of it to receive the cooling effect, not behind it.

As you say though, it is a subject of some conjecture.

Graham
smile.gif

what i imagine is that placing the fans lower down might cause debris to move about , especially on a breezy day , and end upon the burner, or possibly blowing out the flame.
many people have a fan in their rooflights to remove heat from the van interior , but i've never seen one mounted lower down , in the SLD for instance

what i imagine is

The chances are on a breezy day you woouldn't have the fans on anyway...

My fan was fitted around 8 inches up inside the cavity so there was no chance of moving any dust/debris around.

Graham
smile.gif

Thetford instructions show the fan just under the finned horizontal section of the pipework fixed to the insulation using wall plugs and pan head screws.
This applies the airflow concentrated where it's needed and away from flame or debris and water spray from enthusiastic washing.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back