Truma boiler gas electro fault

conormck1992

Free Member

Hi, I’m looking for some help with my truma hot water boiler, it’s the elektro version, it can run on gas or electric. When first installed it ran perfect the first time on both (gas was installed by a certified technician). However since the first time (now I’m actually travelling and relying on it) the gas will not operate, it turns on and after a minute clicks off again and solid red light shows.

I’ve went through trumas website and online YouTube videos to see any information but nothing really of use. So I’m asking my fellow campers for any help or experience with this issue?

I have full tank of gas, fully opened, cleaned and kept exhaust section clean and clear of debris. Cowl is removed when I’m trying to operate on gas. Plenty of water and fully function pump with plenty of electricity. I’ve tried turning it off and waiting and trying again. My burners on the hob are going fine and the waterheater is working on mains electric no problem.

So I’m stumped, do I send it back when I’m home again in a few months time or is there anything left to try? Long winded I know, but any help is very much appreciated. Cheers!

What model is it?

Regards,
Del

Ok .... lets check the obvious one first now you are travelling .... is there a cover on the gas outlet that needs removing, the same as on the Truma Ultrastor? If I were to try and use my Truma on gas with the cover on I would get exactly the same fault.

Cover is on and I remove every time before trying. Model number is bge-10 (32152134). Not sure if that last bit is necessary or not

Recently had a similar problem with our Truma 4e, changed the regulator and works perfec.
Dave

Recently had a similar problem with our Truma 4e, changed the regulator and works perfec.
Dave
I agree. The regulator is often the problem. It can be deceptive because other appliances like hob and oven continue to work ok but the boiler needs a lot more gas and it will shut down if the regulator is starting to fail.

Is cover off when you try and use it on gas.
When you turn it on, on gas, can you heat it clicking rapidly after a few seconds and hear any flames through the exhaust vent. It should be obvious
If you don't hear the clicks, its not igniting, check 12v power
If you hear clicks and you hear on big click at start and a bit later on, thats the gas valve openning - if it does not ignite then, and you can't smell gas at the exhaust, its likely to be a gas issue. Isolation valve? bottle open? and as above ,regulator.

Does gas hob work? If the hob is lit, does the flame reduce when turning on the boiler?

Its a new install - who installed it? DIY or pro van? Has it ever worked?

For the cost of a regulator I'd get one and if it's not that then at least you do have a spare for when it does screw up, store it in a bag inside the van.

On my Truma C6002 a solid red light is a gas prolem and a flashing red light is electrical, so I would go along with Pudsey Bear's suggestion of getting a new regulator first (y)

Regards,
Del

We usually carry a spare, not got one in this van.

I agree. The regulator is often the problem. It can be deceptive because other appliances like hob and oven continue to work ok but the boiler needs a lot more gas and it will shut down if the regulator is starting to fail.
If the regulator was the issue due to volume, I guess a gas room heater would show a similar fault as is energy-intensive as well? could be a good trouble-shooting test to pin the fault down?

If the regulator was the issue due to volume, I guess a gas room heater would show a similar fault as is energy-intensive as well? could be a good trouble-shooting test to pin the fault down?
Yes. Having looked up the BGE10 details it is only 1.5kW on gas, which is not particularly high and should be less likely to suffer from regulator problems. The Combi boilers which are prone to this are 6kW.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back