Truma gas heater with no water????

TBH, When the forecast shows temps below 1 degree centigrade, I put an oil filled radiator in the van. Working on the theory, electricity used, would be cheaper than replacing prehistoric/unavailable micro switch taps.
If I had any faith in the plumbing, I'd replace the micro switches with a Sureflow. Not going to, because, steady water pressure and jubilee clips, could be a recipe for a wet van.
That's what I have Terry. Thanks.

TBH, When the forecast shows temps below 1 degree centigrade, I put an oil filled radiator in the van. Working on the theory, electricity used, would be cheaper than replacing prehistoric/unavailable micro switch taps.
If I had any faith in the plumbing, I'd replace the micro switches with a Sureflow. Not going to, because, steady water pressure and jubilee clips, could be a recipe for a wet van.

That's what I have Terry. Thanks.
I have the full manual Mr T, if you require a copy, I'll see what I can do you. ( I'm assuming you no longer have operating manual?)

Mines heating my caravan up at present on elec 2 setting.
Reference if water heater is selected with no water in it will knock off and show an error code according to my manual and numerous google videos etc.

I have the full manual Mr T, if you require a copy, I'll see what I can do you. ( I'm assuming you no longer have operating manual?)
Cheers Terry. PM sent

I’ll be a difficult day for me if I had to be in this position again.
1, I now know why I lost the water.
2, You’ve assured me that it’s okay.
3 The diesel heater remains first choice.
Thanks all.

So, I've drained the water to prevent freezing so have no water whatsoever; can I still put my Truma blown air heating on as long as I don't turn it to water heating?
Yes. I've been doing that for 5 years. Always empty all water at end of October and refill at Easter. This year, the dump valve beat me to it, there were some very cold nights in mid October and it dumped.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back