Truma heater problem

Trotter

Noticed over the last couple of days my Truma heater is heating the water when on heating only. Thought it was something I was doing wrong. The controls aren’t in the best position to check. Last night I made sure it was set on heating only. This morning the water was piping hot. Not a mega problem, hopefully I’ll only need the heat one more night. I’m wasting gas heating tank fulls of water, when all I want to do is stay warm.
Any ideas?

I have a feeling that the water and air heating are both in the same chamber, so the water gets heated when in air heating mode, it acts as a heat reservoir. I think what you have turned off is the water thermostat, so that the boiler will not be activated by the water getting cold, only by the room themostat. Could be wrong and I expect there will be someone along soon who really knows what is going on.

As above. My instructions say that in heating mode the hot water is automatically heated at the same time.

I think I understand. When on gas, as opposed to EHU, I have two options, a flame, or a flame + 60o. C. I’ve been putting mine on flame only. If it continues, I’ll do my washing up in the morning instead of boiling a kettle. Nik’s not here to bother about the washing up not being done.?
I’ll have to delay my early starts, until,
With mine you can have hot water only but with the heating on the water always heats as well

Yup, this has been explained to me, thanks for your message. I do learn stuff, eventually ?

When water only you have the choice of 40c or 60c. When on heating you have thermostatic control of the room temperature but because the water heats automatically it heata to 60c

When water only you have the choice of 40c or 60c. When on heating you have thermostatic control of the room temperature but because the water heats automatically it heata to 60c
Got it,thanks. This is my first long trip away. I’ve always had long weekends and always with company, rallies and the like.
Problems turn up, who else do you ask. All my neighbors are French, Dutch or German. My google translate app can only do so much.
It’s good to know you folks are out there.
I didn’t have to ask how to reverse out of the one way village street the satnav got me into. Turn right it says, yup, fine if you’re riding a bike, donkey, or driving a Smartcar. Not sure I made many friends.?

Ha ha Del, good job you are a professional driver then eh? :)

You still have folks to speak to, don't make out like you are in isolation lol Terry said you dont stop raining him til 03:00 and then Charlie said he gets the first call of the day at 03:45 :)

Love you Nabs. Your typos get better and better. I categorically refuse to admit to raining on Terry at any time let alone at 0300, and Charlie has never seen 0345 unless he was coming home.
Speaking is different than phoning or texting. And no, I’m not asking for sympathy. I wouldn’t get any anyway. Lol
I’d put the satnav in the bin, only some days it’s the only English voice I hear sometimes ?

Ha ha Del, good job you are a professional driver then eh? :)
Every time I visit these places I thank my lucky stars there’s not a Morrisons in those kinds of locations. If there was, I’d love to be a fly on the wall during the risk assessment.

Truma Combi Controls.png
Regards,
Del

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back