Truma heater thermostat problems

Molly 3

Last night a set the temp to 15 c on gass it got up to a temp of 21 I turned the temp down to 12 c before it shut down , autosleeper nuevo any advice would be appreciated.

have you got the fan running and vents open? circulating the air makes a massive difference to the heat distribution I found.

If it is that sensor, which caused me some grief last year, you can prove it by running the heating with that disconnected. The fan will run at full speed or very near it and change when you reconnect it.

From memory it was about £28 to replace.

Cheers

H

There is a thread from late Sep 2022 on a competitor Forum where someone on a Weekend Rally woke up to the thermostat problem [although they also had a problem with the hot water supply]! A new Truma RTS solved the problem [they paid a mobile technician to analyse the problem, so extra expense] and they bought the replacement RTS from Jackson's Leisure Truma RTS Heat Sensor £29.95 inc VAT plus £5.95 for delivery in 1-2 working days. For info, Jacksons website says this fits all Truma Combi Systems, and on my Web Search, there was another link that I didn't open fully, that added 'from 2002 onwards' [IIRC either Feb or Jul 2002]

The Thread on the other Forum says the RTS can be checked with a multimeter set to ohms, but doesn't set out the detail. If David at Wildebus, or Compost can add an 'Idiot's Guide' on the testing process for me for future reference, I would be very grateful ... I have a multimeter, and can switch it on, and know enough to keep the probes away from each other when they are connected [to give an idea of where I would need the tech stuff to start!]

The Thread on the other Forum says that the Truma Display Panel may show a 621 Error Code [just for info for anyone reading this in the future!]

Steve

These things are in fact semiconductors and as such can fail after excess voltage or something that knocks them sideways.

I assume all you could test with a meter is that the resistance changes as you heat or cool it, though without numbers that’d be only a rough guide.

Cheers

H

Last edited:
These things are in fact semiconductors and as such can fail after excess voltage or something that knocks them sideways.

I assume all you could test with a meter is that the resistance changes as you heat or cool it, though without numbers that’d be
On a rough guide.,

Cheers

H
That was almost verbatim what the Thread on the other Forum said ['ohms might fall' IIRC]. I was just thinking that for speed, and to avoid Mobile Engineer Call Out Fees, an Idiot's Guide might prove useful

Steve

There is a thread from late Sep 2022 on a competitor Forum where someone on a Weekend Rally woke up to the thermostat problem [although they also had a problem with the hot water supply]! A new Truma RTS solved the problem [they paid a mobile technician to analyse the problem, so extra expense] and they bought the replacement RTS from Jackson's Leisure Truma RTS Heat Sensor £29.95 inc VAT plus £5.95 for delivery in 1-2 working days. For info, Jacksons website says this fits all Truma Combi Systems, and on my Web Search, there was another link that I didn't open fully, that added 'from 2002 onwards' [IIRC either Feb or Jul 2002]

The Thread on the other Forum says the RTS can be checked with a multimeter set to ohms, but doesn't set out the detail. If David at Wildebus, or Compost can add an 'Idiot's Guide' on the testing process for me for future reference, I would be very grateful ... I have a multimeter, and can switch it on, and know enough to keep the probes away from each other when they are connected [to give an idea of where I would need the tech stuff to start!]

The Thread on the other Forum says that the Truma Display Panel may show a 621 Error Code [just for info for anyone reading this in the future!]

Steve
Thanks now ordered . no error code

If it is that sensor, which caused me some grief last year, you can prove it by running the heating with that disconnected. The fan will run at full speed or very near it and change when you reconnect it.

From memory it was about £28 to replace.

Cheers

H

Hope it works for you barry ,same thing happened on my hymer 544 and it was the rts that was the problem .fingers crossed eh!
Gordon how did you fit it , did you have to pull panels apart OR did you just pull the sencer out with wires connected then push new one? Bazz

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back