tubular greenhouse heater

Another vote for the oil filled radiator as its thermostatically controlled so you can leave it on a low setting.

I am a bit wary of oil filled radiators my sister had one in here garage left on for the frost and it exploded made a right mess of her garage if one of them explodes in a MH there will be nothing left,

runnach;n3995 said:
I have off, these Annie (link) although I only use when in MH, what I like about it is, being a fan heater, the hot air is pushed around, instead of purely radiating from source. We also have a small oil filled, which we use when on EHU during winter.

I have a small fan heater that our leader gave me when we were in Scotland I was thinking the tubular greenhouse heater just as a frost protector when parked on drive through the winter just to keep the frost and danp at bay

Campervanannie;n4001 said:
I have a small fan heater that our leader gave me when we were in Scotland I was thinking the tubular greenhouse heater just as a frost protector when parked on drive through the winter just to keep the frost and danp at bay

When we first bought our house Annie, we found a small area of damp in the corner of one of the bedrooms. We have since had the brickwork repointed, but Julie wanted to dry out the plaster properly.

She put one of these tube heaters in the corner of the room behind a chest of drawers, and it has been there and on ever since, we had forgotten about it. That's about 10 years it has been running!

Robmac;n4016 said:
When we first bought our house Annie, we found a small area of damp in the corner of one of the bedrooms. We have since had the brickwork repointed, but Julie wanted to dry out the plaster properly.

She put one of these tube heaters in the corner of the room behind a chest of drawers, and it has been there and on ever since, we had forgotten about it. That's about 10 years it has been running!

I thought they would be great for in the van just to keep it aired and at 180w reasonable running costs

Campervanannie;n4022 said:
I thought they would be great for in the van just to keep it aired and at 180w reasonable running costs

Yes I had one on a boat once Annie.

I left it in the engine compartment over the winter to stop everything freezing up. Worked a treat.

sure;y they oul filled as well as air would get hot quick and cut out before radiating any heat

oldish hippy;n4053 said:
sure;y they oul filled as well as air would get hot quick and cut out before radiating any heat

Not sure but will look into it.

I use 2 of these, "Unibond Aero Bond 360", one in the front and one in the rear of the van, have used them for the last 3 years and the van has been nice and dry, i buy two new refills each year put them into the units and leave them to do there work, Tesco have them at the moment £8-39 each.
Whatever you get i hope it keeps your van dry.
Regards Ken

I think I'm going for the tubular greenhouse heaters I can mount one permanently in the garage next to the water heater.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back