Tv replacement

silverweed

I am now in the market for a replacement TV. I had an Avtex 16” TV DVD which I was very pleased with. As I need to replace it I wondered what other brands people used. What they thought of them, how easy are they to retune and how much power they consumed

Well I had a rechargeable Cello Traveller and was pleased with that but recently found I have broken the screen. Took a 32" 230V JVC out of the spare bedroom and hooked it up to a 300W invertor to see how it went and it is only pulling up to 2.6A including invertor. While power usage is okay the screen looks huge

Most tv's will be fine especially if they have a 12v adapter.
The only thing I found was difficulty when viewing from an angle, if you only view from directly in front of the set there shouldn't be a problem.

I did like the Avtex and 16” I found was plenty big enough. I was hoping someone was going to say they had found a wonderful one that was a lot cheaper but looks like not. The thing that pleases me is to know that who ever pinched my one did not get any of the power leads to go with it

Buy a new avtex can’t go wrong
I agree they are good but way overpriced, plus the OP has just had one stolen so paying for another Avtex which may get stolen again, I would rather buy one of these

Or if you don't need a satellite tuner as well as a terestrial tuner this one has a DVD player built in

I think that if price is no object and you’re not tight on power the Avtex is probably best.

I bought a Sniper 19" TV/DVD combi to replace a 16" Avtex combi which didn't have Bluetooth. Super picture, easy to tune for different areas and works seamlessly with a Bluetooth soundbar. We are also able to use the soundbar in the awning to listen to the many music channels available (usually 80's lol). Well worth the £179 price. Bob

I use a 28" LG 240 volt tv via inverter. Cheaper TV, better quality, better picture. I was either getting Netflix on my MacBook Air and using the TV as a screen (connected with HDMI cable) or watching stuff preloaded (at home) onto a portable USB drive. This year I've bought a Firestick so I won't need the MacBook. You could also buy a SmartTV to do without the Firestick, though I find the smarts built into TV's aren't as good as those in things like Firestick or Roku, also if the tech updates you just need a new smart device, not TV.

A good 240 volt tv can be very power efficient so you make up the slight penalty of using an inverter. Put the saving into solar.

I bought a Sniper 19" TV/DVD combi to replace a 16" Avtex combi which didn't have Bluetooth. Super picture, easy to tune for different areas and works seamlessly with a Bluetooth soundbar. We are also able to use the soundbar in the awning to listen to the many music channels available (usually 80's lol). Well worth the £179 price. Bob
Hi Bob what are the viewing angles like?

I use a 28" LG 240 volt tv via inverter. Cheaper TV, better quality, better picture. I was either getting Netflix on my MacBook Air and using the TV as a screen (connected with HDMI cable) or watching stuff preloaded (at home) onto a portable USB drive. This year I've bought a Firestick so I won't need the MacBook. You could also buy a SmartTV to do without the Firestick, though I find the smarts built into TV's aren't as good as those in things like Firestick or Roku, also if the tech updates you just need a new smart device, not TV.

A good 240 volt tv can be very power efficient so you make up the slight penalty of using an inverter. Put the saving into solar.
Looking at this JVC I agree about the mains tv. One the smart tv v Firestick, you can do more with a Firestick than most TVs but if you just want to watch what comes with them a smart tv is one thing less

when i bought my 24in avtec the price of then in this country was about £450 quid i bought mine from Germany for £330 be a great tv so far.

when i bought my 24in avtec the price of then in this country was about £450 quid i bought mine from Germany for £330 be a great tv so far.
It’s crazy money though for what you get isn’t it? Go in Curry’s/PC World and most of the small screens are peanuts. It’s a case of something for a motorhome I reckon, costs of electronic tech have dropped so much it’s scandalous what they charge.

Must admit over the years I have tried various 12v TVs I bought a cello but didn’t get on with it I then splashed out on a 16” Avtex and I love it yes they are expensive but the after sales is brilliant even if you don’t purchase directly from them.

It’s crazy money though for what you get isn’t it? Go in Curry’s/PC World and most of the small screens are peanuts. It’s a case of something for a motorhome I reckon, costs of electronic tech have dropped so much it’s scandalous what they charge.
There is another post about Sniper tvs, good price and reviews on Amazon are good.

Must admit over the years I have tried various 12v TVs I bought a cello but didn’t get on with it I then splashed out on a 16” Avtex and I love it yes they are expensive but the after sales is brilliant even if you don’t purchase directly from them.
I’ll second that Annie first class after sales.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back