TV signal

DiAndy

My TV no longer finds any channels. Worked fine on last trip. Is there a tester I can acquire to see if a signal is reaching the TV. Need to determine fault is either the TV or the booster or the aerial.

You could test the signal from the aerial with something like This
I use one of those Bill, because the TV needs tuning and the aerial needs to be pointing at the mast a signal finder is useful, before I use it I look around outside to see if any areials are visible though

Reactions: 2cv
I use one of those Bill, because the TV needs tuning and the aerial needs to be pointing at the mast a signal finder is useful, before I use it I look around outside to see if any areials are visible though

I also use Freeviewaim on an ipad or phone to know which way to point and wether to have the aerial vertical or horizontal. Since I like remote places there are rarely houses to check out where to point, amazing these days how there is still usually a phone signal.

Thank you for your reply’s. My TV runs through the scans but finds zero stations. Omni directional device. Booster has a gain control. Either my aerial is duff or the booster I think. Just need a way to test for a signal passing each connector.
I have to go through the scan at each new location.
Will a signal strength evict fo this for me?

Not as clever as most, I try to keep it as simple as possible.
When I get near my park up,I look at the local houses. Using the compass app on my phone, I look at where the aerials are pointing, then duplicate that when pointing my aerial. Having said that,I’ve got a Status multi thing, that works mostly.,without the need of messing about. If it doesn’t work,I’ve got a stick/ ladder aerial, now that does need to be pointed in the right direction.
Just re read this. Buy the “ this” Tez said. It will be easier.

I'd probably eliminate a couple of basics before getting a testing gizmo. First, test with a different aerial cable, just in case. Also, take the tv into the house if you have an aerial there, in case it's a problem with the tv itself. All of which assumes you're at home of course!

A foolish thought, but I suppose your aerial is switched on.

I fell for that the first time I went away in my van.

So, TV works on Home Ariel. Coax cable good. Ariel is switched on. Signal detector picks up Ariel output. TV direct from Ariel responds on retune but does not get the channels.
So my assessment is the amplifier Teleco AT42 is duff.
Thanks for all your input.
Just struggling to find a replacement at present.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back