TV swivel wall brackets

Nick-Mandy

Hi,
I have a standard 23-25" Digital home TV. I want to put it in my motorhome via a swivel wall bracket.
(1) Are the holes on the back of the TV's standard for all wall brackets?
(2) Are conventional caravan/motorhome digital TV's a lot lighter than standard home TV's?
(3) Screw fitting a wall bracket to the inside of my motorhome, is it strong enough to with-stand the weight whilst motoring?
Not sure of the weight of my TV.

We have an Avtex wall bracket, the holes on the mounting plate line up with the holes on the rear of 3 different tv’s, so I would say the mounting holes are universal.
Depending on the type of material that forms the wall you want to fix it to, it should support the weight of a tv. Or, you can do as I did.
Our original factory fitted TV was mounted on a simple swing out bracket. I wanted to change it to an Avtex swivel bracket and move it away from the original position. The wall is grey, so I bought a piece of grey faced plywood and screwed that to the wall and mounted the tv bracket on this. The plywood spreads the load of the tv bracket and hides the original bracket holes, and as it’s the same colour as the wall, it looks like it was always there.
This is our Avtex bracket.
A 12v caravan / motorhome TV is generally a little lighter than a domestic tv

Attachments

• C7A5D51D-7EFE-4795-8D31-194CB590A687.jpeg
    C7A5D51D-7EFE-4795-8D31-194CB590A687.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 1
This was fitted in my new Pilote c class. Works a treat and the height adjustment is spot on to get a perfect viewing height.

Hi, the 4 mounting holes in the back of your TV comply with the VESA mounting system. You measure the distance (in mm) between the screw holes vertically then horizontally and buy a bracket that covers these dimensions. Most brackets cover a wide range of VESA sizes, eg you'll see like 200 x 200, 200 x 300 and so on. Bob

The TV I am using is 6kg, probably no more than 1kg heavier than a purpose built caravan TV
The holes on my TV are 3 inches apart which seems fairly standard.
All the images I've seen on Goggle indicate most brackets have added holes presumably to fit a range of TV's

If your holes are 3" apart vertically and horizontally then that will be 75 x 75 - that + 100 x 100 is pretty common VESA size for smaller tv's

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back