Tyre age

stevensmith91

I’ve managed to secure a mint set of 16” Fiat DUCATO alloy wheels for my new Pilote which came with 16” steel wheels and trims .
The Michelin camper tyres are date stamped 2018 but in good condition with no signs of puncture repairs or perishing and they have the original TPMS valves
(1) will the tyres be to old to safely use
(2) more importantly will the Fiat TPMS valves work with my new 23 plate van or flag up a warning light on the dash

IMG_3869.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve managed to secure a mint set of 16” Fiat DUCATO alloy wheels for my new Pilote which came with 16” steel wheels and trims .
The Michelin camper tyres are date stamped 2018 but in good condition with no signs of puncture repairs or perishing and they have the original TPMS valves
(2) more importantly will the Fiat TPMS valves work with my new 23 plate van or flag up a warning light on the dash

View attachment 67399
Nice Wheels them are 👍

Got them for 800 notes which I thought was ok
given that every other set I’ve seen on fleebay were over a grand and we’re 3-4 hours drive away and this set were local to me
I got 4 new wheels and tyres last year for £100 plus post from ingerland.iveco rim.png

View attachment 67399
Michellin Camper tyres have a different rubber compound that does not need to be replaced for ten years.

yeah but there steel wheels , so not worth that much I’ve a garage full of Peugeot / Fiat 15“ steel wheels couldn’t give them away so they went to the scrap
Well I am trying to get a steel wheel for my van after a tyre burst this trip 2004 Ducato based
Mororhome 215 /70R 15 C tyres and am having trouble finding one, a breakers 60 miles from me say they have one, 40 pounds plus vat they are saying all wheels are different by year is this right and does the 15 on the tyre size n mean that it is a 15 inch wheel? Having a blow out at 85kph is no fun nearly lost control of the van and on a very busy 2 lane motorway with no shoulder is very scary as 50 tonne Artics hurtle by, so I am going to get 3 new tyres 2 for the rear wheels and a spare when I get the wheel, I have 2 new tyres on the fronts but the rears are 7 years old all good said the MOT MAN last September, yeah, BANG eeekkkkk !!!

Last edited:
Well I am trying to get a steel wheel for my van after a tyre burst this trip 2004 Ducato based
Mororhome 215 /70R 15 C tyres and am having trouble finding one, a breakers 60 miles from me say they have one, 40 pounds plus vat they are saying all wheels are different by year is this right and does the 15 on the tyre size n mean that it is a 15 inch wheel? Having a blow out at 85kph is no fun nearly lost control of the van and on a very busy 2 lane motorway with no shoulder is very scary as 50 tonne Artics hurtle by, so I am going to get 3 new tyres 2 for the rear wheels and a spare when I get the wheel, I have 2 new tyres on the fronts but the rears are 7 years old all good said the MOT MAN last September, yeah, BANG eeekkkkk !!!
Shame I’ve just dumped 5 of a 2014 Peugeot boxer they were originally fitted with 215/70/15 tyres
most common size for steel wheels for motorhomes is 5 x118 for lighter chassis and 5 x130 pcd

i have a couple of the steel rims from a 2013 fiat based hymer the 15 at the end does denote wheel size the important measurements are the stud holes , F37ADBD2-C234-4A7C-B7E0-8537D5F2D527.jpegtwo have half decent tyres 215/70/15 the other 195/65/15 that i used as a run flat spare your welcome to them they have a bit of surface rust because they’ve been outside with a tarp over them for a couple of years , i’m taking one for lee up to hollingsworth at the end of the month but i live in rutland ,

Shame I’ve just dumped 5 of a 2014 Peugeot boxer they were originally fitted with 215/70/15 tyres
most common size for steel wheels for motorhomes is 5 x118 for lighter chassis and 5 x130 pcd
Thank you for that info what does the PCD THING Mean by lighter chassis do you mean small vans as in delivery vans please, never given wheels nuch thought before as long as there was one on each corner and a spare underneath hee hee

Someone on face book has 4 steel wheels and tyres for sale he has fitted alloys he says the wheels are 15 inch and 5 x 118 and will fit the Ducato but came off a Peugeot they will fit L1. L2. L3. BUT NOT L4 He says in his add what does all that mean I can see I nerd to go to a Tyre bay and glean some info as one Blow out is more than enough thankyou..

part of my weight upgrade was to step up to 16” wheels better fuel economic & speed etc there are quite a few sets available again depends on the studs

I have a Continental camper tyre sitting in my garage. 5 years old but never used if someone would make a small fuel contribution I can bring it to a meet? size: Size: 225/75/R16 CP

Forum Link With Picture

Yes it looks dusty but I can wash it for you and make it shiny :ROFLMAO:

I have a Continental camper tyre sitting in my garage. 5 years old but never used if someone would make a small fuel contribution I can bring it to a meet? size: Size: 225/75/R16 CP

Forum Link With Picture

Yes it looks dusty but I can wash it for you and make it shiny :ROFLMAO:
Same size as my iveco, now have a full replacement set and 2 half worn ones stored away.

Just priced up 6 x225 75 r16 q116 Michelin , I need to remortgage £245 each fitted.
Or hankook £160..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back