Tyres for our uprate

No Del, I’m still on 16” rims but the tyre wall has gone up from 65 to 75 and the load rating has gone up from 116 to 118.
Far superior ride👍
Yup. Mis read that.
Super singles, lol.😂
I’ve been watching far too many American off road builds. 17 x 45 Goodrich 🙄🙄

I took my van to a fitting place when it looked like I would need to go up to 16” rims and they thought I could we’ll need modification to inner and out wheel arches on the front. They couldn’t tell for sure without having the bigger wheels and tyres to try. Mine being the 5 stud, 4 wheel Sprinter chassis it wasn’t something I could find easily. A lot of the Ali wheels you see are not rated for my axle loads so I wasn’t going to get a cheap trial.

Regards pressure @Trotter contact your tyre manufacturer and send then tyre sizes and axle weights 👍

I took my van to a fitting place when it looked like I would need to go up to 16” rims and they thought I could we’ll need modification to inner and out wheel arches on the front. They couldn’t tell for sure without having the bigger wheels and tyres to try. Mine being the 5 stud, 4 wheel Sprinter chassis it wasn’t something I could find easily. A lot of the Ali wheels you see are not rated for my axle loads so I wasn’t going to get a cheap trial.

Regards pressure @Trotter contact your tyre manufacturer and send then tyre sizes and axle weights 👍
If you went from 15”. To 16”. Does this have any affect on the speedo.

Typically, if you go from 15" to 16", you would also go to a lower profile tyre to keep the overall rolling circumference the same. What to go for can be determined easily by various on-line tyre calculators.
But going up one number - such as 215 to 225 on the same wheel size has just a minor affect and as Rog says, the main result on the speedo is to make it more accurate :) (I had exactly the same going to 225 from 215 on my 15" wheels - speedo is now spot on :D)

BTW, all these numbers in the calculators are just mathematical values and does not actually mean that is the result you will get - on my RAV4, I had 18" Alloys with the standard tyres and another set of identical 18" Alloys with Continental Winter tyres of the same size (profile). The Winter Tyres changed the speedo reading (and ODO) by 3% despite the tyre being officially the same size.

It’s the overall diameter of wheel and tyre that can affect speedo, as other have said check an online calculator.

In the van I almost never drive off the speedo, almost always use my sat nav

Back