Tyres

Dulvil

Tyres are down to wear bars in 20000 miles. Apart from Michelin and continental camper tyres what do you use. 4 wheels 4.5 ton

225/75/16

OK, so from what I can see the highest load rating for any 225/75/16 tyre is 121 and the attached shows everything that the enormous blackcircles tyre distributor has to offer.......... I have used them for years for all our vehicles and normally opt to have them fitted on the drive. https://www.blackcircles.com/order/tyres/search?width=225&profile=75&rim=16&loadratings=121

If it were me I would go for either the KUMHO products (fitted by Mercedes Benz as original equipment) or the always excellent Avon offering both of which are truly excellent products and will save you a small fortune compared to buying Michelin!

Get over 55000 from mine, and some one always buys my used ones, plenty of tread left.

I only sell them because the walls usually have damage and I don't want on my van.

Get over 55000 from mine, and some one always buys my used ones, plenty of tread left.

I only sell them because the walls usually have damage and I don't want on my van.
You have an 4WD Sprinter and run AT tyres I guess? I have found AT Tyres just seem to never wear out :)
I've bought them second hand, ran them for a couple of years and sold them again with no apparent extra wear :D
I just wish I could find some that would fit on my current wheels with sufficient load rating :(

is op van front wheel drive , as at 4.5 ton those tyres will be working very hard on the front .

Yes, running BFGoodrich AT2’s. Not convinced the AT2 are as long lasting as the original AT, plenty of reports of people getting over 100000 miles on those, perhaps they never go off road.

I’m happy to change them when I do, the wee van does like to stretch her legs when she gets to the autobahns and it’s best it’s on tyres without chunks out the walls. :)

Perhaps running well below 3500Kg and tyres load rated at 120 helps with their life too.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back