Under/Over fridge freezer set up

Trotter

I’ve bought a second Apricool chest fridge. Both top loaders.
My idea is to have one sitting on top of the other. Fridge on the bottom, on an extending drawer mechanism, and the freezer fixed above it. I do realise that I’d need to fit the fridge with a stop mechanism. Hole and peg?
The theory is to be able to access the fridge by pulling it out on the drawer, and accessing the freezer from above.

This all works, In my head.
I’m going to need some help putting this into practice.

Suggestions, not necessarily on a postcard 😉

Does the apricool fridge also freeze or is this a different unit

Last edited:
I’ve bought a second Apricool chest fridge. Both top loaders.
My idea is to have one sitting on top of the other. Fridge on the bottom, on an extending drawer mechanism, and the freezer fixed above it. I do realise that I’d need to fit the fridge with a stop mechanism. Hole and peg?
The theory is to be able to access the fridge by pulling it out on the drawer, and accessing the freezer from above.

This all works, In my head.
I’m going to need some help putting this into practice.

Suggestions, not necessarily on a postcard 😉
You will need some heavy duty drawer slides, I have a name of a company that does a good range of draw slides should you need it.

Del didn’t your mate have a problem when he did exactly what you suggest? Can’t remember what was causing it but I believe he had to rethink some part of it. Can’t be more specific as I rarely watch his videos but get on YouTube and see if you can find it, it’s Gadget I am on about 👍

Eric. Heavy duty drawer slides is what I had in mind.

Neil. Don’t remember that. I’ll try and look back on YouTube.
ATM they are sitting side by side, on the top of water tank box, that is, the base for the rear passenger seats, as was.
If it was strong enough to support two passengers, it should be more than sufficient to hold the fridge freezer set up.

My dilemma is the construction.
If wood, it should look like a piece of furniture. I’ll try to contact a YouTuber, noted for straight lines.
If aluminium, a piece of engineering. Perhaps a Scottish beer making member, wouldn’t mind me contacting him 😬

Dunno, open to suggestions

It was water that was the problem for GJ Del I think but can’t remember what was causing it, I ‘think’ it was condensate but could be completely wrong, you will have to find the video or send him a message.

Does the apricool fridge also freeze or is this a different unit
Can be set to either one or the other. Not both at the same time.
It was water that was the problem for GJ Del I think but can’t remember what was causing it, I ‘think’ it was condensate but could be completely wrong, you will have to find the video or send him a message.
Good point. I did notice condensation before I altered the way it was set up. It now has air space all around both units. I think that’s sorted that problem. Seems to have, so far 🤞
I’m going to speak with a Mr Beechwood, at Hereford.

This is the company we used when I used to work for a fire engine manufacturers:-https://gsf-promounts.com. They do a large range of sliders and were always very helpful although that was some years ago.

I think I'd use a 12mm plywood base and front panel with a fillet at the corner to strengthen and stop the corner flexing. You could cover the front panel with a decorative laminate, use HD sliders as previously suggested and finish it off with a typical push button catch. I'd probably do both fridge AND freezer the same and then mount both under a fixed counter top.
I did exactly this in our van for 2 waste bin holders, rubbish and recycle and works well.

Sounds good. I'd put the fridge at the top though, I would be in there much more often than the freezer. Dunno about you?
It’ll be too high for me. It’ll be easier task I’d use the fridge more often than the freezer.
As far as the freezer is concerned, I’d always know where the chips were 😬. ( The difference between eating at home and in the van is, at home, we’ve already had chips once this week. In the van, I don’t remember having chips yesterday) priorities always count 😬

I think I'd use a 12mm plywood base and front panel with a fillet at the corner to strengthen and stop the corner flexing. You could cover the front panel with a decorative laminate, use HD sliders as previously suggested and finish it off with a typical push button catch. I'd probably do both fridge AND freezer the same and then mount both under a fixed counter top.
I did exactly this in our van for 2 waste bin holders, rubbish and recycle and works well.
Good idea, but. They are sitting on top of the vans water tank, 50cm high before I start

Sounds good. I'd put the fridge at the top though, I would be in there much more often than the freezer. Dunno about you?
I don't understand these two-door Fridge/Freezers you can buy where the freezer is at the top and fridge at the bottom. just wrong :)

I don't understand these two-door Fridge/Freezers you can buy where the freezer is at the top and fridge at the bottom. just wrong :)
Del means two separate units

Deleted

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back