US vs UK attitudes on electrics

Watching a lot of there self builds they don’t seem to bother about build weight or payload, some of them use more wood in their vans than their houses.
Another thing I have noticed is that few of them install toilets, or even running water.

Watching a lot of there self builds they don’t seem to bother about build weight or payload, some of them use more wood in their vans than their houses.
Another thing I have noticed is that few of them install toilets, or even running water.
If you follow CheapRVliving, you’ll understand. And I mean no offence by that. Most of these people are homeless. Living just above the breadline, whatever that is. They may of lost their homes because of foreclosure, unemployment, usually because the one factory in the town closed. Life in the US isn’t paved with gold, and can, for some, be brutal.
Everything has to be built on a tiny budget. That would include sanitary and plumbing.

I'd say you are just jealous. Well maybe not of their 300 million population and broken health, political and social system, but north America is an amazing place to go motorhoming in.
No height barriers, pay and display, no stone walls hiding in scratchy hedges ready to rip the side of your motorhome off, no paying 5 or 10 quid to empty a little cassette or to fill up a piddling 60 litre water tank, and no frantically searching for some muddy pulloff to spend the night on. No taking out a mortgage to buy fuel, no MOT to agonise over, no 75 pound fines for staying more than 2 hours in a rest stop, no heavily polluted motorways, no clean air zones, no congestion zones. Supermarket parking lots big enough to drive in and park a 40 foot Class A towing a 20 foot trailer. Free camping with no time limit, 10kW campground electricity and water and sewer at each site for those who like that level of luxury.

And no whinging Poms.

Really? Where did that come from?

I'd say you are just jealous. Well maybe not of their 300 million population and broken health, political and social system, but north America is an amazing place to go motorhoming in.
No height barriers, pay and display, no stone walls hiding in scratchy hedges ready to rip the side of your motorhome off, no paying 5 or 10 quid to empty a little cassette or to fill up a piddling 60 litre water tank, and no frantically searching for some muddy pulloff to spend the night on. No taking out a mortgage to buy fuel, no MOT to agonise over, no 75 pound fines for staying more than 2 hours in a rest stop, no heavily polluted motorways, no clean air zones, no congestion zones. Supermarket parking lots big enough to drive in and park a 40 foot Class A towing a 20 foot trailer. Free camping with no time limit, 10kW campground electricity and water and sewer at each site for those who like that level of luxury.

And no whinging Poms
Jealous? Moi? Only a lot :) .
A population of 300 million? I've never given that a thought. Although, I suppose the USA is about the size of Europe with 447 million ish. So it's hardly overcrowded. Population per sq mile, makes the UK seem like we are standing shoulder to shoulder (with social distancing of course).
I had worked out a way for me to go back to the States for an extended stay, joining the CheapRVliving caravan. But Nic said, NO!

I disagree, they may be a lot worse than us on vehicles but are way more advanced in building with water and power saving/generation. A lot of city’s require green roofs on buildings now and have done for years. The overall picture makes them much better.
In the U.K. we do a lot of lip service, that green home initiative has just been cancelled as one example. Banning diesel vehicles is just easy option to governments, it costs them nothing.
Amy way, enough of that, I want a big block Chevy with twin super chargers 😂😂😂😂
I am not sure what councils are like now, but I remember a few years ago that a guy had put a small wind turbine on a pole in his garden, and the council made him take it down. It seems that green was certainly not in then.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back