Using inverter socket when on EHU

Just get a decent sleeping bag, mine's good for -20 allegedly, been in -4 and was warm as toast. Mine cost £24 from Mountain Warehouse [in a sale] and is extra wide so I don't feel hemmed in.
If you are on your own but want to snuggle up, get a blow up doll wearing a onsey. If it leads to other things it may be best not to announce it on here!;)

If you are on your own but want to snuggle up, get a blow up doll wearing a onsey. If it leads to other things it may be best not to announce it on here!;)

That's your secret out....

I'll be interested in the regular customer discount too lol

When I was a lad we didnt get ice on the windows as we didn't even have windows. Or blankets. Used to just cover ourselves in the newspapers from the chips for supper. One sheet each. Eeee, we had to go to the posh chippies that used The Times as the Daily Mirror only covered our legs.
No beds either, just slept on the ground and used Cowpats for pillows.

Eeee them were the days before the wossies with their blankies and windees that we used to laugh at with their stories of ice. Ice? Pah. That was for the morning bath.

Cowpats what luxury ..

You were lucky! I used to live in a brown paper bag in a septic tank!

Luxury. We dreamed of a brown paper bag!

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah

And I thought joining an ADULT Motorhomeing group , people would be sensible , I mean Sulphuric Acid, the rest I believe .

OK I admit I exaggerated a bit. On my birthday,as a special treat, I was allowed to drink dilute Sulphuric Acid and not the usual concentrated stuff.

This is probably a daft question but can I use my inverter socket as a normal electric socket when on EHU?
I’ve bought an electric blanket and the nearest socket is my inverter socket, all my other sockets would mean me trailing the wire across my van.
Also if I wasn’t on hook up would an electric blanket drain my batteries too much?
not a very good idea and it will drain battery sensible idea would be to get a short extension lead

not a very good idea and it will drain battery sensible idea would be to get a short extension lead

I ordered extra sockets by my bed for my new motorhome so that I could run my cpap at night. I said I would need 1 connected to my inverter for off grid use and another to the mains circuit for when on ehu. The electrician suggested saving costs by only having the inverter connected one. As he rightly pointed out the battery would be kept fully charged when on ehu. It works very well. A cpap will use less power than an electric blanket but the principle is sound.

I ordered extra sockets by my bed for my new motorhome so that I could run my cpap at night. I said I would need 1 connected to my inverter for off grid use and another to the mains circuit for when on ehu. The electrician suggested saving costs by only having the inverter connected one. As he rightly pointed out the battery would be kept fully charged when on ehu. It works very well. A cpap will use less power than an electric blanket but the principle is sound.
I would generally agree with the above.
Where however you might want to use a mains socket instead of an inverter one despite the battery charger being able to keep up with the inverter draw is if the inverter is a bit noisy maybe? Obviously having a silent inverter is best but some can hum and have noisy fans.
I like to have the option to be able to plug something in to either Inverter or Mains Direct (which can be via just moving a plug between two sockets, or having a manual or automatic transfer switch. The 'ideal' option for someone who has a reasonable level of need for 240V is something like the Victron Multiplus, which has a seemless transfer between Mains and Inverter plus a handy Power Assist ability (as long as the smallest model not chosen) which allows you to say use an Electric Kettle or Microwave on a limited power low-current EHU supply (but getting off-topic here ;) )

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back