Van weights going up in 2024????

GWAYGWAY

I read that some people seem to have the idea the ax weight might go up to 4250 kegs in the new year, it might be known to somebody on here. I ask as otherwise I might have to drop my max weight to 3500. Very soon and that makes my Hymer virtually unusable with the equipment fixed to it.
has anybody heard anything more definite about it or is it hearsay and would the higher rate of tax go with it????
this is of course we have a next year coming.

There are strong (rumours) being talked about the C1 getting dropped due to electric vans being so heavy ie over 3*5? Or thre than this I have not heard anything further to this and maybe someone will be along with better info

The weight limit for commercial electric vans was raised to 4250kg in 2018. There has been discussion about further relaxation because commerce finds the current limitations difficult to comply with. Unfortunately I have read nothing that suggests a general relaxation that will apply to diesel motorhomes is imminent, I wish it was but I am not holding my breath.

after reaching 70 thought i wouldn't' bother keeping my C1 ( had enough with medicals with driving HGV'S ) so " ELSE " had to go ( see photo ) BUT looking around the payload in 3500kg m/h's was crap so ended up have to take the C1 medical Afterall . so we had to buy a m/h with over 500KG only half the payload as ELSE but we manage . cheyenne

SDC11482.JPG

There are strong (rumours) being talked about the C1 getting dropped due to electric vans being so heavy ie over 3*5? Or thre than this I have not heard anything further to this and maybe someone will be along with better info
I haven’t looked very hard but everything I have seen says it’s related to EV’s only. Who knows though. During lockdown they were talking about dropping C1 requirement but not really heard anything on the fore a long while now 👍

I haven’t looked very hard but everything I have seen says it’s related to EV’s only. Who knows though. During lockdown they were talking about dropping C1 requirement but not really heard anything on the fore a long while now 👍
The Government issued a consultation document and I did give it a quick scan. It mostly seemed to be about relaxing younger driver limitations so that more drivers would be available to drive bigger vans and small lorries. I didn’t see anything that looked likely to relax things for those of us over 70.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back